Any online sources for bankruptcy filings? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by John Behle on March 27, 2000 at 20:56:31:

There is a site that has listings of public records sites. I put a link to it on my site at: Real Estate Info. Sites Click on the “Public Records” link.

I found local bankruptcy courts there as well as many of the other courts. There has long been a pay system for the courts that is called PACER, but there is a newer free one that is called RACER. There are court dockets and full documents available. I had someone BR on me recently and was able to pull the whole file into my computer in a couple minutes.

Any online sources for bankruptcy filings? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 27, 2000 at 19:55:02:

Anyone have a source, free or fee, to determine if a particular individual has filed bankruptcy. I can use a credit report as I have the SSN, but prefer not too.

Re: Any online sources for bankruptcy filings? - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on March 27, 2000 at 21:05:08:

Bud,
John is right about the RACER (Remote Access to Court Electronic Records) program. I have it here and it works just like the computers at the federal court. The website to download the software is:

You will have to call the District that you are interested in and get a dial-up number to access BK files for that particular district.

Scott