Any recent MH deals? - Posted by SL-VA

Posted by Robert (NC) on November 28, 1999 at 06:20:14:

I’ve gotten a PM to give me the info on 5 homes is her park for sale. I plan to start checking out these today.

Just as Lonnie said, at first she only had the 1 SHE owned for sale. After some smooth talk and chit-chat she started remembering 1 after another. She has a list of dealers waiting to fill her empty lots as they come available. I going to find out how to fill this need for her. Some of the sales sound very promising.

I’ve also got a list of the mobile home parks in my area and am in the process ‘riding the speed bumps’, and ‘getting the word out’. My biggest problem, information overload.
You can learn alot by talking to the PM and the park residents.

Good ‘luck’ to all,
Robert

Any recent MH deals? - Posted by SL-VA

Posted by SL-VA on November 27, 1999 at 22:36:12:

There seems to be less postings on MH deals recently. Just wondering how everyone is doing.

I have done nothing for over a month now. One reason is that I’m taking a break from going to the MHP and looking to buy MH, and the PM hasn’t called me about possible deals.

Another reason is that I’ve received less calls to buy MHs. I keep my ad running in a local newspaper. Though I’m still getting calls daily, the number of calls has decreased. I guess that doesn’t really add to my motivation to look for another deal.

Anyway, that’s my update. What’s yours?

Re: Any recent MH deals? - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on November 28, 1999 at 15:26:25:

We were lucky enough to find a PM recently that wants to “clean up” the park by getting rid of problem tenants. So, he gives them 30 day notice to move the home, they can’t afford it, and they sell to us. We’ve done three now this month there, and there are supposedly many more on the way.

Buyers with enough cash to put down at least $500, $400 for the park, and don’t owe local utilities hundreds of dollars remain in short supply, however. But we’ve sold each one in about 2-3 weeks.

Keep the faith!