Any suggestions on good course on Land Development - Posted by Adrtian the Investor

Posted by ski on May 12, 2006 at 19:50:33:

I know a lot of y’all may disagree with this, but russ whitney has a pretty good course.

Any suggestions on good course on Land Development - Posted by Adrtian the Investor

Posted by Adrtian the Investor on May 12, 2006 at 17:10:23:

Hi,

I am a full time real estate investor in the Tacoma/Seattle area of Washington State. I am kind of bored doing single family properties after five years. I would really like to learn the ends and outs of developing land. A few of my associates have taken Scott Scheel land development boot camp in Atlanta and loved it. However Scott only does that once a year and I missed it. Does anybody out here have any solid and proven resources to learn land development? I would sure appreciate your input.

Adrian the Investor

Any suggestions on good course on Land Development - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Posted by Luke Hoppel on May 15, 2006 at 08:33:50:

A buddy of mine just intoduced me to www.uli.org.
They have educational courses there and I was told they are pretty good. I haven’t taken one yet. I just checked out the website briefly.
The nice thing is that the courses are academic so you’re going to learn a lot about the actual process with mimimum hype.
The bad thing is you probably won’t learn some of the creative tips and strategies used by investors like LeGrand and Scheel.
Luke

Re: suggestions on good course on Land Development - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 12, 2006 at 17:18:57:

Tony Colella and Scott St. Aubin will be holding their Land/Home, Small Park Boot Camp in August. Although geared toward mobile homes (which is where many of us have gone since other forms of housing got so expensive), there isn’t a better bargain out there than this program, which includes a day-long field trip. I was lucky enough to attend last year, & am already registered for August. The networking alone is worth the price. For info:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/64217.html

Tye

Re: suggestions on good course on Land Development - Posted by Adrian the Investor

Posted by Adrian the Investor on May 12, 2006 at 17:30:12:

Hi,

I actually have there mobile home/land course which was very good. I agree they are really good. I am looking more towards larger developments. But I will go back thru the book again.

Thanks,

Adrian the Investor