Anyone have any input on Bandit signs? - Posted by Robjan

Posted by WilliamGA on January 17, 2000 at 15:56:15:

Anyone have any input on Bandit signs? - Posted by Robjan

Posted by Robjan on January 15, 2000 at 20:47:17:

I hear they are not legal but everyone puts them up and then they get taken down. Does anyone know where I can buy these bandit signs I think they are called, where you adversise WE Buy Houses or what have ya and stick them on phone poles, busy intersections, where they have new and model home signs etc etc.? I live in Illinois and have tried calling a few places but no one seems to know what I am talking about or charge outrageous high prices. Any info on where to purchase or feedback on these signs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time…Robjan

Re: Anyone have any input on Bandit signs? - Posted by FJW

Posted by FJW on January 20, 2000 at 15:05:27:

Someone posted this site a while back. Here’s the URL for their pricing. http://www.samsign.com/panel_only.htm

I’d like to know where Jack Z. gets his though.

They’re VERY effective and VERY cheap! (Relatively) - Posted by Jack Z.

Posted by Jack Z. on January 17, 2000 at 11:03:09:

Somebody posted above that they pay $2.50 per sign, for 50 or more, and then pay shipping on top of that! What a ripoff!

When I was curious about the signs, I simply opened up the phone book, called a few numbers, and asked for quotes. I buy them 200 at a time, and the cost is about $350. My place makes them however want. I’ve got a color scheme that’s really bright and looks neat, especially since I have them use a font that looks like printed handwriting. (Sorry, I forget the name of it, but it looks GOOD.) BTW, the size I get is 12’x18’, made out of coroplast. 24’x18’ is not that much more. I think I’ll go bigger next time. But however big you make them, the signs out pull a classified ad by at least 5-10 times, no joke. The reason is because lots of people will pass them on their way to work or around town. Not a lot of people know to look in the classifieds when they’re in trouble with their house. AND SIGNS ARE CHEAPER!

So, open up your phone book, look under the “SIGNS” section, and tell them you looking for some printed 24x18 or 18x12 coroplast signs, and ask them how much for however many you want. Easy. Then go hang them. Then watch your phone ring off the hook.

Good luck.

Jack Z.

Re: Anyone have any input on Bandit signs? - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on January 15, 2000 at 23:39:06:

Robjan,
Just keep looking. If you have the bandit signs all over the place in your area, then there’s probably a sign for people who make them. That’s how I find the guy I use and his prices are much better than any I’ve seen posted here. Additionally, you can get 50 of the 3 foot stakes at Home Depot for $13. Good luck…

Lowest price on Corrigated Plastic Signs!! - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on January 15, 2000 at 23:29:22:

The cheapest price I have found on these signs was a place that was posted here a few months back. I can’t remember who posted it so I can’t give them credit for the name. The place to call is National Sign. They are out of North Carolina Phone # is 828-478-2123. Ask for Megan. She was VERY helpful. Prices given to me were- quantities of 50 or more 2.50 each, 25 to 50 3.00 each, 25 or less 3.50 each. Shipping was 18.00 via UPS. I told them how I wanted the sign to be, they made up the flyer and faxed it to me, I approved it and I had the signs within a week. I was able to find the stands locally at 1.00 each so they were cheaper here. I had been quoted as much as 20.00 per sign locally!

Hope this helps!

WilliamGA

Re: Anyone have any input on Bandit signs? - Posted by Corbay

Posted by Corbay on January 15, 2000 at 23:17:27:

I used to live in Las Vegas and they were everywhere!!! I think they are only effective if there aren’t 200 of them in one block. I have seen different posts about them and where to get them reasonable. Maybe someone else can pass on that info. I would like it too.

Re: Anyone have any input on Bandit signs? - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on January 15, 2000 at 21:38:13:

Robjan,

What part of Illinois are you from? I may be able to help you.

Tim