Anyone know anything about putting in roads? - Posted by Steve D

Posted by Steve D on August 18, 2003 at 22:27:26:

Thanks for the informative response… the land is outside the city limits, so no zoning. Power is already there, water will probably need to be run, and the properties will be on Septic (I’ve just finished building 3 duplex’s down the road from them, but didn’t have to deal with the raod for them)

Thanks again for the response.

Anyone know anything about putting in roads? - Posted by Steve D

Posted by Steve D on August 18, 2003 at 05:09:45:

I’ve build several properties in the past, and I’ve just come across a bunch of lots together, already platted, but roads need to be put in (I’m in Texas). Anyone have any idea how to go about that/costs involved etc?

Re: Anyone know anything about putting in roads? - Posted by Bandman

Posted by Bandman on August 18, 2003 at 19:42:38:

A lot depends on your local requirements, the availability of utilities, and the suitability of the land adn soil. Is this an area where you’d have to run in city water and sewer, either as a requirement due to lot size or lack or percolation? Expensive, but doable if enough lots can be developed. Can your roads drain into roadside ditches or will you need to put in curb and gutter and a major storm drain system? Are the soils suitable for low cost grading or is rock excavation or removal and replacement of unsuitable material required? A call to your local planning department might tell you a lot. Find a civil engineer who has done some subdivision work in the area and tell him what you’re interested in. He could probably provide some valuable info on requirements and costs. There’s a LOT to consider that I haven’t gotten into, do your homework before jumping in!