Anyone Market on 30 minute TV? - Posted by Dan Ruzicka

Posted by Dan Ruzicka on March 29, 2006 at 14:46:26:

I have to think that based on the success of our other shows and the low cost of cable in the 75 markets we are in it is a no brianer. You are right TEST!!

Thanks

Dan

Anyone Market on 30 minute TV? - Posted by Dan Ruzicka

Posted by Dan Ruzicka on March 27, 2006 at 13:01:02:

If you could get 30 minutes on your local Cable TV station for $112.00 and explained in a professional interview what you are looking for as far as deals, do you think you might make some real estate deals?

$112.00 on channel 8 reaching 150,000 local residents at 7:30 PM or 1:30am for $75. What about passing out or mailing out professionally done DVD’s for .75 cents each? What if you put the 30 minute interview on your website? Do you think something like that would work?

Would it be worth $500 a month to be on TV in your own town once a week. Would $1500 a month be worth while to be on 4 or 5 days a week on a National Real Estate talk show designed to highlight what you do as an investor looking for deals?

Would investors feel more confident knowing you were on TV each week and were invited on TV as an expert guest?

Would Homeowners feel more at ease if you were the GUY or GAL on TV each week or all week?

Would you personally send the DVD copies to Banks for REO managers to get to know you?

I am trying to figure out if this would work for investors?

Dan

Your own TV show - Posted by Dan Ruzicka

Posted by Dan Ruzicka on March 27, 2006 at 14:45:15:

I am talking about a show where you are on as the invited guest and it would be just you for thirty minutes inviewd by a knolwegelbe host, answering the questions you want the sellers in your town to know. Can You buy my house in 7 days? Can you make my payments so I can leave? Will you help me find a place? Can I get some equity?

If production was only $4900 in a State of the Art 30 million dollar studio and you could air it at 10:30 pm if you felt 7:30pm was to crowded. They put those show on at 7:30pm because that is when the most folks are available to watch.

Re: Anyone Market on 30 minute TV? - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on March 27, 2006 at 13:40:55:

The more you tell, the more you sell…

I would consider doing a 15 or 30 minute we buy/sell houses infomercial if I could get it on enough each month for a price I wanted to pay.

Re: Anyone Market on 30 minute TV? - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 27, 2006 at 13:24:04:

150,000 local residents? I’m guessing that’s just the subscriber base for the local cable company. How many will actually be tuned into the local channel during those 30 minutes? 7:30 pm is primetime on most channels, you’ll be fighting things like Desperate Housewives and American Idol that have a grip on most viewers like they were zombies.

While $112 is pretty cheap even if you wanted to just give it a try, I would try to get a better feel for its effectiveness before I jumped into production. Ask for referrals to past or current clients and see what sort of response they got from the ads.

Re: Your own TV show - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on March 27, 2006 at 19:44:21:

I’d want it on at 3am… when the person about to lose their house to foreclosure is up because they can’t sleep… but that’s just me.

Re: Your own TV show - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on March 27, 2006 at 19:49:05:

It DOES work. I’ve used it. Check out www.ushomesavers.net for using TV to find foreclosres. (Not my website).

Dutch

Re: Your own TV show - Posted by Dan Ruzicka

Posted by Dan Ruzicka on March 28, 2006 at 13:50:14:

Dutch,

Are you still using it? Did you buy your own air time? How was the quality of the call. Was it 30 seconds or 30 minutes?

Dan Ruzicka

Posted by dutch on March 28, 2006 at 16:16:39:

Not currently, but we will be using again this spring.

We did 30 second spots “Avoid Foreclosure”. Quality was what you would expect. Some good, most not. But the phone did ring. We ran them Midnight to 05:00 am.

Dutch

Posted by Dan Ruzicka on March 29, 2006 at 11:27:05:

How much did the spots cost? What do you think a 30 minute show in primetime or 1o:30pm might do?

Dan

Posted by dutch on March 29, 2006 at 13:54:22:

Some spots were as low as $5.00 each, some were as high as $100. Just depends on the time slot, CVA of the show.

Call one of your local media buying agencies, they can get you current rates for each channel, show, time frame, etc.

I don’t have a feel for a 30 minute show. Advertising is all about repetition, so a bunch of 30 sec ads would be better than 1 30 minute one. IMHO.

Dutch

Posted by Dan Ruzicka on March 29, 2006 at 14:33:47:

I produce a show and can buy 30 minute TV for an average of $120 a half hour before midnight and as low as $20 a half hour in some cities for overnights.
www.leadingrealestateexperts.com The production cost is $4900. I am trying to get a feel for weather it is viable for investors on this site.

Posted by dutch on March 29, 2006 at 14:43:06:

Well, test it. You may have to throw in the production costs and find a guinea pig to do the show in a market.

I might be interested. But it will have to wait until this summer. Too many other things going on right now.

Dutch