Appraisal Program - Posted by Scott - MI

Posted by Natalie-VA on April 09, 2006 at 16:43:46:

Scott,

I don’t know if it differs where you are, but our local MLS gives you access to the city tax records to that you can also search for FSBOs that were not sold on the MLS.

Aside from that, the MLS is your best source of comps. That’s where the appraisers get their comps from.

–Natalie

Appraisal Program - Posted by Scott - MI

Posted by Scott - MI on April 09, 2006 at 13:03:36:

Hi all,

Just looking for some guidance of a program that can help me with appraisals. I do a great volume of biz and can’t hire an appraiser for each deal. If anyone knows of a program that I can PAY FOR - not a free site, that will help me appraise area props, would be greatly appreciated. I’m a licensed Realtor, but not all sales are on the MLS. Again, looking for a program that I can PAY FOR, not a free site.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Re: Appraisal Program - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on April 13, 2006 at 20:36:54:

www.sitexdata.com Great stuff.

Re: Appraisal Program - Posted by The Frisco Kid

Posted by The Frisco Kid on April 10, 2006 at 14:00:51:

Scott

I would check your mls again as Natalie suggested, the ones in my area have that feature and its a suprise how many agents aren’t familiar with it.

Also in my state the county is required to keep records of recent sales and are available to the public.

Finally, I have found that the comps not on the mls tend to be fsbos, foreclosures, probates, family deals, etc and the transfer is not on par with true market value so unless you want low comps on purpose this is a waste of time. And on the short sales I’ve done, the bank only paid attention to mls comps so my hunt for off market low comps was a waste of time.