As a rehabber, how should I get started? - Posted by Marvin C. Ellis

Posted by Bruce Wilson on February 12, 2002 at 21:19:54:

I am not familiar with Joh Richard’s basic course.

Ron LeGrand has promoted SuccessMortgage.com. You can e-mail info@SuccessMortgage.com.

There is also sunvestinc.com. You can e-mail MikeM@sunvestinc.com. You can see many Michael Morrongiello posts on this site.

Best wishes,
Bruce Wilson

I haven’t used either company. Both owners seem to be good guys though.

Bruce

As a rehabber, how should I get started? - Posted by Marvin C. Ellis

Posted by Marvin C. Ellis on February 07, 2002 at 08:08:09:

Could someone please point me in the right direction of how to get started in the note business?

I rehab homes in the 80-150,000 range. I am not looking to find notes. I would like to create them and sell for profit, so I am not always depending on bank financing, etc.

I have been reading here for awhile. I understand what a note is, etc. I don’t know how to write the note. How to structure it so it will get bought. What terms to put in. Etc.

How do I learn who is out there to buy the notes and how to structure them so they will sell? I am looking for a good home study course or a workshop. I don’t want a lot of hype about making a ton of money finding notes. Brokering notes in the sense of finding existing notes and selling them does not interest me at all. I want to create my own notes with new buyers on my homes, and then sell those notes for a profit. Keeping a second mortgage is ok with me too.

How do I get beyond the basics? How do I sell my rehab finishing in a couple weeks on paper? These nuts and bolts issues are what I need.

Thank you for your consideration and any replys.

Marvin C. Ellis

Re: As a rehabber, how should I get started? - Posted by Bruce Wilson

Posted by Bruce Wilson on February 09, 2002 at 22:09:54:

Marvin,

If you write info@successmortgage.com, you can get info on the subject. They will step you through the whole process.

I have never worked with them. I just know they exist.

Bruce Wilson

Jon Richard’s basic course… - Posted by Marvin C. Ellis

Posted by Marvin C. Ellis on February 12, 2002 at 07:56:44:

Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. I am wondering how good John Richard’s basic course is for $295. Would this help me be able to sell my own mortgages to institutional buyers? Any advice is welcome.

Marvin