Assigning - Posted by Josh

Posted by RogerTX on March 26, 2006 at 07:59:25:

I thought you read all the books and knew all the answers. Every job I ever had required knowledge (books you read) and on the job training (which you didn’t). That’s why I have a mentor. Someone to keep my feet out of the fire till I have the process down.

How hard is it to say, “Do you want fries with that?” Yet they have someone stand by their side till they get it right. A mentor will make you more money faster than you’ll ever spend on him.

Assigning - Posted by Josh

Posted by Josh on March 24, 2006 at 12:20:24:

Hi there, I just came accross this website after reading many books on REI. I have a deal undercontract now but am begining to think I did something wrong. I plan to assign the contract to another investor and I have that clause in the purchase agreement. I have been reading that I have to pick a title company. Why do I need a title company just to assign a contract? Dont I just need to get an assignment contract signed by the investor and myself? Also should I get earnest money or the full assignment fee up front?

Re: Assigning - Posted by ron

Posted by ron on March 26, 2006 at 22:16:14:

you are going to be doing a double closing (simultaneous closing)
you would want a title company that knows how to do these, many or most don’t know how.