Assignment Question - Posted by Chris

Posted by Alan on October 21, 2000 at 10:49:53:

It seems to me that assignments could be taught by gurus in further detail. At least at this point, I have only read articles where they teach about assignments briefly.

Thanks

Alan

Assignment Question - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on October 20, 2000 at 16:02:54:

When making offers on houses that I later want to assign, what do I need to put into the contract to be able to do this. I have heard that if the purchase agreement that I am using to make offers with does not say that I can not assign the contract, then I automaticaly am able to assign. Is this true?

Re: Assignment Question - Posted by Buddy V

Posted by Buddy V on October 21, 2000 at 19:49:49:

I always put my name and/or assigns in the name section of the contract. This allows me to assign the contract. If you do not do this, I do’nt think you can automaticaly assign the contract (at least where I live)

Re: Assignment Question - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on October 20, 2000 at 17:19:45:

Legrand teaches that if the contract doesn’t say you can’t then you can assign. My preference is to put and/or assigns in there. I sign a contract with my corporate name but take title with a land trust. A motivated seller won’t care one way or the other. As long as you are up front with them and they will get their money there should not be a problem. So many newbies tie up a property with a contract and then try to peddle it not knowing if they can ever fullfill their promise.