Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Sonia Freer

Posted by Sonia on April 18, 2000 at 06:58:07:

For Dianne in Oz, I too am a “newbie”. After reading Rich Dad Poor Dad I then obtained a copy of “The Cashflow Quadrant”. I suggest you do the same if you are serious about getting financially free.
I have been reading up on the topics that interest me and I have been scanning the newspapers for clues to where to find people who can be helpful teachers. This newsgroup and also the one at Cashflow.com can be of great benefit for a lot of people post different questions and helpful hints that you can graze through to assist you in the right direction. No one can tell you what to do. You have to discover it for yourself. I have found a local investment club to join and I keep my eye out for seminars that relate to my goals. Look out for more books on the topic of your choice and read and learn. Study and observation helps to give you brain food so that your subconscience comes up with some clear ideas for you. Become an observer and a listener before you jump in on anything. Make friends with people that may become mentors. I wish you all the best. Keep coming back to this newsgroup as I will be a regular and may have some good ideas at some time!

Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Sonia Freer

Posted by Sonia Freer on April 15, 2000 at 24:46:37:

After being introduced to the teachings of Robert Kiyosaki, I am extremely keen to find out more about how to invest in real estate…so, I have been to several sites, this one especially to read up on suggestions and ideas and different methods, but all of the ideas relate mainly to USA. Is there anybody around that can put me in touch with an Australian mentor/ advisor or site similar to this one? I am an employee who has a boss that is one-eyed about investing and believes that there is no money in real estate! After my reading I find this a little hard to swallow and feel that it is a matter of poor management if there are losses in real estate.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I am so deadpan keen on getting out of the rat race!
Thanks.

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Mark in Oz

Posted by Mark in Oz on April 15, 2000 at 02:42:39:

Interesting! I have a client (35 years old) who made 12 million last year in real estate. A second paid of his Bell hellicopter in 12 months and Michael is not yet 30. There is plenty of money to be made on real estate in Australia. The laws and the situation is different to the US but in many ways it is easier than the US. Profits of 20-100% per annum are not uncommon for beginers.

Read the rest of the Rich Dad series and several books by Jan Sommers (Australian)

mark

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on April 15, 2000 at 01:19:32:

I’d be interested to see if some of these techniques can be use there.
Check to see if there is any re club in your area and make friends to those who would help you there.

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 16, 2000 at 24:16:31:

I’d like to hear more about why you think RE investing is easier, in many ways, in Australia than the US?

I’ve invested in both countries and my experience is that it is much easier in the States.

Regards,

Lisa Charles

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Sonia

Posted by Sonia on April 16, 2000 at 24:42:49:

Thanks to those that have replied to my posting. Since I posted the message I have a had a newspaper delivered to my house which oddly enough contained an advertisement for a seminar covering the exact topic I am asking about!
The seminar is to be held in Brisbane on Wed 19th April, for a “one night only” stint and costs $49. Unfortunately I am unable to make it and I am currently trying to search out the hosts of the seminar to find out if there will be any on the Gold Coast in the near future. If anywone reads this from Brisbane and can go (it sounds unreal in the ad!) email me and I will give you full details.
In the meantime, I am still looking for an Australian mentor or club.

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on April 16, 2000 at 14:47:32:

Sonia,

A good start; however, don’t be surpirsed to learn that one night only, at $49.00, typically means they’re going to sell you something bigger after you get there. May be just fine, but know for sure that the “one night” is just a warmer upper to get you in the mood for the “$1,000, 2,000 or $5,000 three-day package.” Just watchout for names like Mc Corkle, Vu, Del Dado, etc… spoken with an Aussie accent they can be misleading.

Bill

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Shirl in OZ

Posted by Shirl in OZ on April 16, 2000 at 23:13:03:

If the $49 seminar is John Burley, GO FOR IT! he’s a brilliant teacher!

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Sonia

Posted by Sonia on April 17, 2000 at 06:24:07:

Thanks for your input Shirl, John Burley unfortunately, wasn’t mentioned but I will look out for him! The guys speaking at this particualr seminar are Henry Kaye and Adam Hudson - never heard of either of them!
Good news though, I did respond to an ad in the paper at the weekend to join the “Investment Club” which runs local meetings and has free membership. Their focus is Real Estate investing so I am anticipating their info kit and getting heads together with some members to find out the trend in Australia. I shall keep this forum posted if there are any other interested Aussies or other parties wanting to know about the Australian market.

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Dianne from OZ. Perth WA

Posted by Dianne from OZ. Perth WA on April 17, 2000 at 11:36:24:

I am a newbie wanting to start property investing. No experience. I have read rich Dad poor Dad. How do I learn the ropes.

Re: Australian wanting to get in on the game! - Posted by Crystal

Posted by Crystal on May 23, 2000 at 07:58:05:

Go to www.somersoft.com Jan Somers website.
Visit the forum and (definately) read her books. You will not be disappointed!

Posted by Crystal on May 23, 2000 at 07:57:30:

Posted by Crystal on May 23, 2000 at 07:52:03: