bandit sign on the stop sign pole - Posted by walter_IL

Posted by Nathan(oh) on July 16, 2002 at 08:49:09:

nt

bandit sign on the stop sign pole - Posted by walter_IL

Posted by walter_IL on July 15, 2002 at 21:06:13:

Hi All,

this may be a dumb question, but is there a ‘taboo’ for placing a bandit sign on the same pole as the stop sign on the road? In other words, will placing a bandit sign right below the stop sign will make law enforcement come after them? I realize that bandit signs are not really legal, just like the FSBO’s and Garage sales signs, but does placing a bandit sign on STOP sign really make this a taboo?

Thanks,
Walter

Re: bandit sign in Pennsylvania - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on July 16, 2002 at 10:42:00:

I was told by a police in Pennsylvania that putting up signs on telephone poles was illegal!!

Has anyone heard the same? I started putting them on stakes.

Thanks!

Avoid the whole problem - Posted by Jill

Posted by Jill on July 16, 2002 at 09:21:00:

Here is a way to avoid the whole bandit sign problem and still get the word out about your biz. Have you heard of using a Web Decal? They are inexpensive, look great, don’t harm your vehicle, and you turn your vehicle into a billboard for your biz.

Visit www.decalgal.cjb.net

Re: bandit sign on the stop sign pole - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on July 16, 2002 at 08:15:44:

Walter:

The major problem I see placing bandit signs below stop signs is liability. If someones blows a stop sign and hits a child or another car, they could claim that your bandit sign desctracted them. In this litigation age do you really want to put yourself in that position?

In addition, you can pretty much be assured that the sign police will be hot on your trail if you place your signs on stop signs.

That’s my take on it.

Best regards

Re: bandit sign in Pennsylvania - Posted by banks

Posted by banks on July 16, 2002 at 20:45:55:

Where are you in PA? I’m in Huntingdon, I was going to put some up this weekend