Bandit signs and flutes David A. - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on March 07, 2002 at 13:26:38:

David thanks for your reply!

Bandit signs and flutes David A. - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on March 07, 2002 at 12:43:23:

Which way are your flutes running on your sign?? I find if they run horozonally the sign last longer. What say ya’ll

LOL now maybe some of you don’t know what a flute is. And why it is important to coroblast. So here goes coroblast is made like cardboard box type. where there are channels of air in the center. It is these channels that are called flutes.

I have found if the flute runs vertical, and of course the stake is vertical that if one puts a little force on the sign then the sign will crease and doesn’t look near as nice.

If however the sign is made with the flutes running from side to side that it is much stronger.

David which way are yours running?

Re: Bandit signs and flutes David A. - Posted by Stevo

Posted by Stevo on March 07, 2002 at 20:32:04:

My flutes run left to right for strength, as you mentioned. I use wooden stakes, also for rigidity in the wind. With wire stakes, they need to run up and down.

And, by the way, it’s “coroplast,” as in corogated plastic.

Re: Bandit signs and flutes David A. - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on March 07, 2002 at 14:03:04:

My fluting runs up and down and I haven’t had any problem with 'em.

CAREY

I print mine… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 07, 2002 at 13:14:45:

with the flutes on bottom… so that if I ever have a need I can put the metal stakes in, although I generally use wooden ones…

It’s really an either or… thing… coroplast is pretty sturdy in and of itself… recently we’ve had very high winds in Dallas (cold) we’re coming into tornado season also… and I’ve never had a problem with signs bending regardless which way the flutes are running…

Folks are always welcome to specify…

David Alexander

Re: Bandit signs and flutes David A. - Posted by Annie Hall

Posted by Annie Hall on March 07, 2002 at 21:25:01:

I’m in Los Angeles, anyone know where I can find this coroplast.

Thanks Carey NT - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on March 07, 2002 at 18:12:21:

Re: I print mine… - Posted by Chip (Tx)

Posted by Chip (Tx) on March 07, 2002 at 18:24:21:

David, I think the wind blows especially well for you! I have had signs break if the flutes are vertical.