Bandit Signs, legal or not? - Posted by Blake

Posted by Hank FL on September 06, 2003 at 13:26:05:

The shoulders in my part of the world (Tampa/St.Pete), are also known as turning lanes.

Most streets with heavy commercial activity, hence traffic, and therefore house sellers, use the shoulders as turn-offs for the many stores which are at the sides of the road.

These are the only streets worth putting up signs. There are roads with wide shoulders but why would anyone (I’m sure some do) put up signs where people will just whiz by them at 60mph?

Signs are at their most logical use when thay are at the corners of busy streets. People are stopped for 30 seconds at the light and perhaps they will read and remember my 222-HANK number.

For you to get out of your car (do you scoot over to the passenger door like you’re supposed to?) during the middle of the heavly traveled day is dangerous to yourself and others around you.

And I don’t spend time “composing” my messages. I type as I think, which is conversational in style.

Bandit Signs, legal or not? - Posted by Blake

Posted by Blake on September 05, 2003 at 16:49:50:

Are Bandit signs legal in Vegas? Where is the best place to put these signs?

Re: Bandit Signs, legal or not? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on September 07, 2003 at 18:35:24:

These signs are illegal just about everywhere. But they sure do pull in some great leads.

The best places to put them are at busy intersections and entrances to neighborhoods in areas that you want to buy in.

Re: Bandit Signs, legal or not? - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on September 05, 2003 at 21:53:36:

I take illegal “i buy houses” Sleaze Ball Signs because they reflect poorly upon law abiding investors such as myself.

Re: Bandit Signs, legal or not? - Posted by Linda Simms

Posted by Linda Simms on September 05, 2003 at 17:35:46:

So called “Bandit Signs” are most likely illegal in most places except for politicians and a few other catagories that the local authorities like to exempt, which do seem legal to me. This is an eternal battle between those who like them and know that they work well and those who don’t, and think they are ugly and would like to punish those who do. Either way I doubt if anyone is going to change either side’s attutide. It is almost a stand off!

yawn (nt) - Posted by Sally Jo

Posted by Sally Jo on September 06, 2003 at 23:33:38:

nt

Huh? - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on September 06, 2003 at 06:27:13:

Unless you happen to be awake and are taking down these signs at 3:00 AM, you’ll be putting in quite a bit of effort better spent on putting your message in front of sellers.

Just a plant from the cult of vigilantes… - Posted by Bob-Austin Tx

Posted by Bob-Austin Tx on September 06, 2003 at 09:02:11:

Hank,
“Jack” is just someone here from that cult of vigilantes who actually do have a lot of time on their hands, because they have no life.

Just ignore them.

Re: Just a plant from the cult of vigilantes… - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on September 06, 2003 at 10:35:29:

I take the signs down in broad daylight during my regualr travels. It takes me less than an hour a week to keep my community free of “i buy houses” Sleaze Ball Signs. I have not seen a “i buy houses” sleaze ball sign in almost two weeks, so either someone else is beating me to them, or the Sleaze Ball Signs makers have given up. Bob’s fantasy about me being in a cult are not true.

Time - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on September 06, 2003 at 11:38:16:

Most bandits are on streets that are fairly busy so pulling to the side of the road to take them down will not cut it during the hours of 6:00AM - 1:00AM give or take. If you are stopping on a busy street (with or w/out your hazzards on) you are creating an unnessecarry danger to yourself and others. That’s a much BIGGER problem than any street sign in my opinion.

So what one has to do to be resonsible is to find a nearby parking space and walk to the offending sign, take it,then walk back.

R=Repeat

R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R

That only gets you fifty signs. When I was waking up at 3:00 AM I would do 100 in 3.5 hours when the streets were empty.

During the day, putting the same amount of signs in the same places would take me all day and then some.

You are wasting valuable time, and who knows, some investor that might have had a less than good day might see you messing with signs that he put up. This person might take offence to your activity.

It ain’t worth it man.

Re: Just a plant from the cult of vigilantes… - Posted by Jasonrei

Posted by Jasonrei on September 06, 2003 at 10:48:44:

When I see bandit signs I have a small urge to pull them down, but the urge isn’t quite big enough for me to stop my truck, remove the sign and throw it in the bed, and set it out with the trash later.

In my eyes public property belongs to everyone which basically means no one. It is “off limits” property. Perhaps the solution would be to sell “public” property.

Re: Time - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on September 06, 2003 at 12:20:34:

What part of ***. It takes me less than an hour a week to keep my community free of “i buy houses” Sleaze Ball Signs. *** didn’t you understand? It probably took you half an hour to compose that post. Just because your community doesnt have shoulders on their roads, doesnt mean I live in a similarly backward community.

Re: Time-Lost is Never Found again! - Posted by Stephanie

Posted by Stephanie on September 06, 2003 at 14:59:37:

The only sleeze ball here is Jack himself if he is for real. Only a nut cake would go around stealing signs. I hope you are just as religious around election time, as you can easily double your normal take from the sleeze of the sleeze, election posters.