Bandit Signs Work For Me!!!! - Posted by wayne

Posted by John on March 06, 2002 at 16:11:31:

Thanks,Wayne. Good Info!

John

Bandit Signs Work For Me!!! - Posted by wayne

Posted by wayne on March 06, 2002 at 10:51:30:

Hi, all. I just saw a post by Mo. Seems to be having a bad year or something. Anyway guys if any of you are thinking of putting out bandit signs, go for it. They are the only advertising I use right now. And I get an average of 5 phone calls a day. And I closed 2 deals this past month, all from bandit signs. I have had a few phone calls, of people complaining about my signs, I just ask where it was and I dont put one back in that spot. I have never heard one peep from the city, and I live in a large metro area. By the way, the houses I buy range from $130K to $170K

Good luck all, and best wishes
Wayne

Re: Bandit Signs Work For Me!!! - Posted by John

Posted by John on March 06, 2002 at 14:05:16:

Wayne,

Would you please enlighten us a bit as to: (a)the number you have out at any one time (and functioning) that produces the five calls/day; (b) the physical placement of the signs e.g. 8’ off the ground vs. staked on the ground; (c) typical geographical location of the signs e.g. highways, off ramps, local intersections, shopping centers, new developments, that you find most effective (d) the color combinations and sizes that you find most effective.

This may seem like a lot of detail, but it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Re: Bandit Signs Work For Me!!! - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on March 06, 2002 at 11:51:18:

What do your bandit signs say?

Re: Bandit Signs Work For Me!!! - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on March 06, 2002 at 11:16:50:

Wayne, can you tell me where you buy your signs? Also how many do you put out per month. How do you place them? One stake on top and one on bottom? Do you just place them on telephone poles? What city do you live near?

Re: Bandit Signs Work For Me!!! - Posted by wayne

Posted by wayne on March 06, 2002 at 15:20:17:

I usually have somewhere around 40 out at a time. I place them all around my taget areas. To find my target areas I have a couple of friends that are RE agents, I have them search areas that have several houses for sale, and have them tell me how many expired listings are in the area (i believe this is my best advantage with the signs, most calls are people who had their house listed for 6 months or so, and was unable to sell). I also place them along off ramps, on my route to work, if they last for a couple of days, i will pick them up for a day or two and replace later or move on down the road (it seems like this helps in my signs not being taken away). I do have one other form of advertisment that i forgot to mention, i had the back window of my car done. I also have my girlfriend put magnetic signs on her car, she works at a mall, so it gets seen often.

As far as what I put on my signs it varries. i usally hit a couple of different sign shops online, and look for specials (cheap). what ever they have i take it. like, Sell Your House Fast, xxx-xxx-xxxx or I buy Houses xxx-xxx-xxxx

All the deals i get i either flip to another investor, or i buy it subject to. so far the only home loan in my name is my house, i plan to keep it that way.

When I look for a TB to place in my homes, i run an ad something like this. Nice Home, No Bank Qualifying, 3br 2.5 bath, finished bonus room, great area. Even if i dont currently have a home available, alot of times i will go ahead and post an ad to get some TBs lined up.

Hope this helps
Wayne

Re: Bandit Signs Work For Me!!! - Posted by wayne

Posted by wayne on March 06, 2002 at 15:25:30:

Almost forgot I put the signs on the metal posts, they have a ladder shape to them, you can pick them up at most home depots, i cant remember the real name of them, just cut them to size. I have never put a sign up on a post, i always see a whole lot of staples and no signs on the post where i live, i think they get taken down more often.

Wayne