becoming a commercial agent help me learn rei? - Posted by bronco

Posted by Rob Ricker on September 26, 2003 at 19:05:10:

Anything that you do in life will add to your experience. If you can make good money as a commercial agent, it would be a good experience. However, I believe most commercial agents start out in residential. It may be a difficult leap to go straight into commercial sales (I’m no expert). Also, real estate investing (the way most of us do it) is totally different than commercial real estate. I’m not sure that you’ll get many answers from this board.

becoming a commercial agent help me learn rei? - Posted by bronco

Posted by bronco on September 25, 2003 at 15:06:41:

I was talking to a guy who works as a sales rep at the cable company I work for. He used to be a real estate agent, and now he is an investor. He told me the best way to learn is to hook up with a commercial broker or a good broker.

I have thought about becoming a commercial real estate agent broker. I thought about it and after I heard deals take longer to do and they dont make more money than residential agents necessarily. I thought residential would be a good place to start. But now i left the firm that I was working with because of circumstance.

But I do remember in commercial them discussing the Triple Net lease the stuff that is normally mentioned in real estate investing books. So, I am thinking by working in commercial we may get investing concepts ingrained in us? Business people will do leases. Apartments generally fall under commercial I am thinking.

So does becomimg a commercial agent help y0u become more knowledge in real estate investing in general? If so I will go try to become a commercial agent so I can pick up real estate investing more easily.

How many of you are commercial agents or brokers?

bronco

bronco