Been away for awhile, have a request for JP. . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on March 11, 2002 at 23:00:18:

Been away for awhile, have a request for JP. . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on March 09, 2002 at 15:18:29:

JP,

Can we maybe get a forum here devoted to bandit signs? I’m guessing David would be more than happy to monitor.

Horizontal v. Veritcal flutes (a conundrum, you can bet, that has puzzeled the world’s foremost authorities since the days of antiquity . . . what, you never looked at pyramid close up?), appropriate nailing venues (with appropriate nails, no less), weekend v. daily rates, traffic patterns and traffic cops who will look the other way (if you know what I mean), on pegs, on poles on stakes on comet, on cupid, etc., single sided, double sided, plastic, cardboard, home made, hand made, made by David’s maid, stenciled, utenziled, printed by hand, weather proof v. waterproof, stakeman, rakeman, the slasher who comes in the night, my right to speed, to greed and follow the enforcement guy to the dump so I can collect my signs and do it all over again,guys who will work for food (and hold your sign), guys who will post for hire (some even have a regular route, I’m told), tresspass, your ass, and nerves or steel (the buns, another story) . . . someone make the bad men stop ;-).

So, where do I order?

Joe

Looking forward to… - Posted by TomC (MD)

Posted by TomC (MD) on March 10, 2002 at 08:31:40:

…some new “Brain Droppings” on your site! Surely, in your six months of north and south travels, SOMETHING worthy of that page happened! :slight_smile:

TomC

Welcome back… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 10, 2002 at 06:52:41:

Hey, as long as the guys post for hire and not post for Hyre, LOL. Good to see you back.

John Hyre

Re: Been away for awhile, - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 09, 2002 at 20:37:46:

You’re a funny man Joe. It’s good to see you posting again.

Re: Been away for awhile, have a request for JP. - Posted by Joe M.

Posted by Joe M. on March 09, 2002 at 18:28:19:

Hey Joe, I’m a big Fan and I LOVE YOUR NAME. lol. Don’t mean to be nosy, just wondering why you left Tacoma?
happy investing, Joe M.

Tooooo Funny! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on March 09, 2002 at 17:59:04:

What a hoot. Welcome back, my friend. Hope you can stay a while.

JP

Joe Kaiser left??? - Posted by frank

Posted by frank on March 09, 2002 at 16:43:55:

When was it you left???LOL

You’ve been away are you here to stay? - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 09, 2002 at 16:22:21:

I hope so.

Tim

We pause now for an Oprah Moment . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on March 09, 2002 at 18:55:42:

I never really left Tacoma (have been back and forth for the last six months) . . . I moved to the beach in California where I’d grown up, just to touch bases with some of the people and things I’d somehow forgotten. I’d spent too much of my life in a pursuit that can best be described as “chasing dollars” and decided I needed more out of life than that. I wasn’t so much “looking,” it was more of a “remembering” kind of thing.

I took a break to sort things out. The beach seemed as good a place as any to do just that, and it is. Frankly, there’s nothing like sand between your toes to make you feel like you’re connecting with some of the things that really matter.

My lease here is up in a few months, and then I’ll be back to work in Tacoma . . . mid life crisis averted (but just barely and you’re d@mn right, I am keeping the red convertible ;-).

Joe

Thanks . . . nice to be back (nt) - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on March 09, 2002 at 19:04:29:

Joe, this reminds me of a book you should read - Posted by Robert M. Campbello

Posted by Robert M. Campbello on March 10, 2002 at 07:07:52:

After reading your comments, you should DEFINITELY read a book called “Combing the Beach at Miramar.”

It was a NY Times best seller a few years ago. It’s about a successful family man who just needed to drop out to find himself. Totally a guy’s book. He went to Miramar Beach in California and learned the true meaning of life by walking along the beach everyday.

From your comments, I think you would really connect with this book. If you need the author, just let me know and I find it for you.

Robert M. Campbell

Re: We pause now for an Oprah Moment . . . - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on March 09, 2002 at 19:33:14:

So you are keeping the red 65 Jaguar convertible that you found inside the garage that you had to get the wedge and the clothes hanger to open the garage so that you could find the Jag? (About 2 years ago)
Thanks again for the Mechanics Lein System Joe!

TC

Re: Joe, this reminds me of a book you should read - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on March 10, 2002 at 23:56:10:

Reminds me of J. Peterman finding himself in Myanmar.

When it comes time for me to walk the sands, it’ll be Montauk.

Re: CORRECTION… this reminds me of a book - Posted by HOuserookie

Posted by HOuserookie on March 10, 2002 at 18:34:05:

I think you meant “Beachcombing At Miramar,” by Richard Bode.

Great book on how to live your own life.

Austin

Shhh … - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on March 11, 2002 at 15:42:40:

Montauk is our little secret. (just came back from a sweet weekend there!). Don’t let those Hampton yuppies
know about it!

Okay, I’ll bite . . . - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on March 11, 2002 at 07:59:13:

Okay, I’ll bite. Who is J. Peterman?

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

A great analagy for real estate investors . . . - Posted by Robert M. Campbell

Posted by Robert M. Campbell on March 11, 2002 at 09:16:20:

Austin -

Although you may - or may not - have noticed the clear and direct parallel, the book “Beachcombing at Miramar” offers real estate investors some intelligent guidance.

It’s the chapter on a certain kind of jellyfish - called “by the wind sailors.”

Because they have a distinctive sail but no rudder in which to steer their course, these jellyfish are driven solely by the direction of the wind. Driven by circumstance only, these jellyfish often end up on the beach and die.

Like these “by the wind sailors”, far too many real estate investors are driven solely by circumstance and the prevailing winds of the market as well - favorable or unfavorable.

To avoid the fate of the rudderless jellyfish, real estate investors would be wise to constantly be monitoring the trend of the market so they could adjust their sails and steer their direction accordingly.

In other words, when the market winds are blowing toward the beach, drop sails. Hard work is not enough to be successful in real estate, the effort must also be intelligent.

Robert M. Campbell

PS: I may use the above analagy in my coming book: Timing the Real Estate Market.

Re: Shhh … - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on March 11, 2002 at 23:26:07:

May she never suffer the the same fate as that place where Alec Baldwin used to reside – he did leave the U.S. , didn’t he ?

Re: Okay, I’ll bite . . . - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on March 11, 2002 at 11:53:14:

Hints:

His catalog sold the ‘Urban Sombrero’ and was on the front cover of his catalog.

She works for him and likes to say: “Get Out!” as she is pushing someone in their chest.

Kramer is really the reality for the J. Peterman Reality Tour. BTW, you get a snickers bar with your $30 ticket.

The actor now hosts To Tell The Truth.

Enough hints, or do you want me to tell you? :slight_smile: