before I start ... LLC ? - Posted by DaveB

Posted by Wall Street Kid on November 03, 2001 at 10:26:37:

I would think eithier a LLC or a land trust should work. I wouldn’t advise putting all of your properties in one LLC. Create multiple LLC’S, and put several properties in each. If you don’t, it would be like putting all of your eggs in one basket. An LLC would shield your assets, seeing that you would be considered an employee of the LLC, and not the owner. It would be hard for her to sue the LLC, if the LLC didn’t have any business between it and her to begin with. Keeping it out of your name is a good way to go, and keeping her out of your wallet it even better! :slight_smile:

before I start … LLC ? - Posted by DaveB

Posted by DaveB on November 03, 2001 at 05:04:00:

While I have a job currently, and pay appropriate child support, I wonder - what is best way to shield eventual REI profits from the ex so she can’t tap it - is LLC the way to go ? … or any other ideas welcome …

Re: before I start … LLC ? - Posted by Nathan

Posted by Nathan on November 03, 2001 at 17:06:39:

Ask Mr. Yeiter, at yeiter.com. He is the leading expert in the USA concerning corporate accounting, and entity structuring. He offers a course on C’s, Chapter-S, LLC’s. He mentions to use an S & LLC, when investing in Real Estate, depending if you are keeping or Flipping.