Best adds - Posted by C Catoe

Posted by Tony-VA on April 28, 2000 at 12:09:53:

I have used this technique successfully but mine is not as polished as yours. I like your marketing much better.

Tony-VA

Best adds - Posted by C Catoe

Posted by C Catoe on April 27, 2000 at 20:30:13:

I am looking for some good adds. What has worked good for you? What gets the most traffic?

people - Posted by chris_wa

Posted by chris_wa on April 28, 2000 at 11:12:56:

I have not had much luck with the newspapers here. have tried all the traditional ads given in the books and also from other suggestions from mh investors. I seem to get a lot of calls, but things just don’t turn out for one reason or another. I would say that 85% of my sales have been generated from PEOPLE. I let the park managers know what i am offering and also that i will pay a referral. They often get calls from people looking for a place. Especially if the park is large. If you do one deal with the managers, and keep your word on the things that you promise you will do, they will send you more buyers than you have homes. Also, let the folks in the park know that you are selling and will give a referral. talk to the neighbors and ask them who would they like for their new neighbor? surely they would know a friend or family member who is renting and would love to get a place just like the one you have. Recently i put out a flyer in every box in the park…it went something like this…

$$ 200 $$
REWARD
do you have a friend or family memeber that is tired of renting? Would you like to have them as a neighbor? Why not help them get out of their current situation and put $200 dollars CASH in your pocket at the same time?

i have a .(description) If they don’t have cash…NO PROBLEM! I would be happy to do an owner contract that would let them buy with a small down payment and low monthly payments…no banks! They would be spending the same amount to start OWNING their own home that they are currently spending in rent.

What’s the catch? NONE! If you tell them about my mobile and have them call me, i will give you $200 bucks when i sell it to them.

chris XXX-XXXX

anyway, you can modify it the way you want. i hope this will help.

chris_wa

Re: Best adds - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on April 28, 2000 at 07:54:54:

Here’s the ad that I keep running continuously, and pulls in a lot of calls from both buyer and seller:

"We Buy, Sell, & FINANCE Used Mobile Homes. NO BANKS. Good Terms. Ph # "

This ad hits both buyer and seller, and also spells out that no banks are needed for financing. It generates lot’s of calls, but be prepared to wade through a lot of dead-beats to find the good one’s. My last deal (last week) was a result of this ad. Bought a 1972 12 x 60 for $1,000 and sold it for $3,900.

Running ads is like planting seeds?they may not produce an immediate crop, but many times you will get calls on ads that are weeks, and even months, old. It’s important to keep your name in front of people, so that when the time comes for them to either buy or sell their home, your ad comes to mind and you get the call.

Good luck,

Lonnie

Re: Best adds - Posted by Mark in OKC

Posted by Mark in OKC on April 27, 2000 at 21:39:41:

I have found any advertisement you run with the words “WILL FINANCE” at the top will generate a great number of calls. Other words such as low down, no banks, etc. work well for me. These can all be found in Lonnies books. If you haven’t read them yet I highly recommend them.

Hope this helps.

Mark in OKC

Do you get the PM’s ok on this before hand? (nt) - Posted by Brad_TX

Posted by Brad_TX on April 28, 2000 at 14:44:28:

~