Beyond Broke...But Gonna Go Anyway!!! - Posted by Vic

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 26, 2001 at 14:31:41:

Hey Brian!

Thanx for catching that error this morning. (I know it would have cost me precious time.)

Catch up with ya this weekend!

Susie

Beyond Broke…But Gonna Go Anyway!!! - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on March 26, 2001 at 06:57:36:

Thump…That’s the sound of me hitting myself in the head.

What in the world could I have possibly been thinking in considering not going to convention? Being short on money until my deals close just isn’t a good enough excuse. Having bills due on the first of the month, amounting to several thousand dollars, (that I don’t have) isn’t a good enough excuse either. I mean this is the kind of thing I live for. What could I possibly have been thinking? Everything I could possibly want will be there.

So count me in - I’m going!!! Yeeee haaa!

I just couldn’t stand the thought of missing something like this. It just wouldn’t fit in with my personality. I’d always wonder what I missed & how much further along I could have been had I attended.

After I made this decision, I happened to be scrolling down the board when I saw a post by Bill Gatten that really put things into perspecive - I’m paraphrasing, but it went something like - When the “need” to & the “want” to are greater than the “wish” to, then you can always find a way to make it happen. And that’s exactly how I feel. Thanks Bill for putting it in such simple terms.

I can’t wait to meet everybody & look so forward to it.

Now I’ve got to go because I’ve got to go check them sofa cushions & see if I’ve got an extra $600 in there somewhere. :slight_smile:

Vic

Thanks Everybody! - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on March 27, 2001 at 24:02:37:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I really look forward to meeting each & every one of you’ll.

Wow! So many people to meet, so much knowledge to gain, so little time. Can’t wait.

Vic

You said… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 26, 2001 at 09:53:19:

You have several houses for sale currently? How much do you expect to net, 15, 20k or so.

Find someone and Investor and give them a note secured by one of the houses with equity (real equity) give em a not for say $1000-$1500 bucks and have them fund you some cash to go the convention, and maybe pay a light bill or two. Make sure they get a good a yield on there money and be sure to tell them it might take 6 months for the house to sell even if you think it might sell in 2 days. If something happens and the house doesnt sell make sure they understand plan b might be to cashflow them out monthly until paid at a particular yield.

David Alexander

P.S. Your Adventure is about to begin

Re: Beyond Broke…But Gonna Go Anyway!!! - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on March 26, 2001 at 08:54:55:

Glad to hear you’re going to make it! With that attitude, you won’t go wrong. You may be broke temporarily, but as we’ve discussed privately, you’ve received invaluable education as to how to do it next time around. And you’ll pick up many more ideas in Atlanta. Who knows…maybe one of those buyers actually WILL come through before the end of the month! But if not…better get back to shaking those cushions!

See you there…

Brian (NY)

Re: Beyond Broke…But Gonna Go Anyway!!! - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 26, 2001 at 08:28:42:

Vic,

Nice bit of thinking. I look forward to meeting you at the convention.

Re: Beyond Broke…But Gonna Go Anyway!!! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on March 26, 2001 at 07:02:00:

Congratulations on your decision. I can tell you from experience that you will not EVER regret going to the convention. It’s far more than just the great information given by the speakers. The best part for me has been networking with other successful investors who all “speak my language”. How often do you get to talk to people who are into real estate as much as you are?

Hey David… - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on March 27, 2001 at 24:05:04:

…have you got any of that $100 left. Man I could sure use whatever’s left. Sofa cushions weren’t too profitable today. LOL

BTW, thanks for the note idea. It’s under consideration.

Vic

Re: You said… - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on March 26, 2001 at 10:11:12:

Great Idea!

You just didn’t want him to show up with out a room like someone else we know huh??

Look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

Bring some cards by the way!