BIRDDOGGING: WHATS THE RULES - Posted by spider

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on January 28, 2001 at 11:47:17:

the laws on operating as a REAL ESTATE BROKER, in your state. When you bring buyer and seller together, “for another and for a fee” quite often you will be operating as a real estate broker, which takes a state license in my state, and yours. So read the state statutes before you get started.

BIRDDOGGING: WHATS THE RULES - Posted by spider

Posted by spider on January 27, 2001 at 22:59:48:

DEAR FORUM,
Please advise,I’m looking to get into the “birddog” field
and like to know is there any one who has experience in this area,if so maybe you can answer a few question.I was talking to an investor who buys properties fix them up and flip or rent them.I was looking into subletting one to a T/B.Well he talked me out of it because he said there wasn’t enough meat on it, because he had max it out.I know in a l/o there are numerous of ways to make money not just on the tail end.But any way he said he would pay $500.00 for a birddog fee. Most of my T/B have 3000 to 4000 dn money.I was thinking to charge on both ends $500 from both seller an buyer.My question is are there any contracts for seller and buyer to sign to bind the deals.Should I receive the money up front before showing the home.I live in Florida if that make a difference.I’m just trying to learn the rules of the game.And if there are contracts out there that you use would you mind emailing me a few.Thanks

Sincerely,
SPIDER

Re: BIRDDOGGING: WHATS THE RULES - Posted by KLR

Posted by KLR on January 28, 2001 at 14:16:09:

Instead of Bird-Dogging, just secure your interest with a Standard Purchase and Sale Agreement with the seller. Reason being, is because this way the deals you find are binding with a contractual agreement; The Standard Purchase and Sale Contract. When you find the T/B’s or investor to wholesale to, you have the T/B or investor put down a deposit to secure his or her interest and then you could also us another contract called a Assignment of Agreement to flip or wholesale the deal to the investor or T/B, instead of Bird-Dogging. I reccomend getting Ron LeGrand’s Wholesale course.