Blue Vase Award and...the WINNER - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by Redline on March 10, 1999 at 11:54:26:

Definately an encouraging story Steve. Your story along with Terry’s will surely stay in my mind for a LONG TIME and serve to pick me up and dust me off when I have hard times with this business.

Thanks for sharing, everyone.
RL

Blue Vase Award and…the WINNER - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on March 09, 1999 at 18:12:39:

Terry and I have always liked the “Blue Vase Story.” It’s
a story about overcoming hardships, problems and roadblocks
to achieve an objective. It’s a story about perseverance.
It’s a story about being a “winner.”

Throughout the year, we keep our eyes open for someone from
the web site who has demonstrated the ability to overcome
obstacles, to turn problems into opportunities. We look for
a special kind of WINNER.

At the Convention, Terry tells a shortened version of the
Blue Vase Story and then tells the audience the story
of our chosen “winner.” We then award that person our
Blue Vase Award (and a rather beautiful blue vase).

This year’s Blue Vase Award went to Steve Cook.

Without going into long details, Steve has overcome substantial
obstacles and hardships and has persevered in spite of them
all. Steve Cook has definitely proved he is a WINNER.

Steve quit his J-O-B in June 1998 and had only $2,000 to
his name, which he needed to pay bills. Within 2 weeks, he
had done his first deal using none of his own money. By
February 1999, Steve had completed 25 deals without using
any of his own money. And he’s continued to do more deals
day in and day out since then.

Congratulations, Steve! You are a true winner who will
never be denied…

Sincerely,

JP and Terry

Everyone came out a WINNER!! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 09, 1999 at 19:42:02:

I just wanted to mention that anyone who participated at the convention was a WINNER. I made a lot of friends, and am sure that these relationships will carry on for years to come. The resources provided to all of us exceeded anything that we could have obtained anywhere else. I do believe that everyone left armed with new ideas that will help us to excel in the areas of real estate investing that we should choose to do.

I can’t wait till next year!

SCook85

Re: JP, you did it again !!! - Posted by Millie I.

Posted by Millie I. on March 09, 1999 at 19:38:38:

JP and Terry,

You did it again, only even better than last year, with almost twice the members attending this time.

Great choice of speakers, they are all so great it’s hard to pick your favorite. The exposure to expert techniques in different areas of real estate investment was a wonderful opportunity for seasoned and beginning investors to learn, compare, and select the areas they want to specialize in.

The Networking was electrifying. The excitement was contageous. Lifelong freindships were formed. Partnerships were born. Newbies found their sponsers and mentors, seasoned investors discussed joint-ventures.

And the Speakers… I bet they felt like the Most Wonderful People that ever grace the face of the Real Estate Investment World. And they were Wonderful!!

But best of all, my husband Chuck caught the FEVER. He is charged. I think we converted him into a Real Estate Investor finally. I tried for 10 years, but you guys baptised him. Thanks.

Love you all,
Millie I.

Re: Blue Vase Award and…the WINNER - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 09, 1999 at 19:32:56:

JP and Terry,
I can’t begin to express how thankful I am for the award. It was very uplifting to know that you thought so highly of my accomplishments to reward me in such a way. I was completely shocked and didn’t realize until Terry was halfway through his story that you were actually refering to me; at which point I was overcome by my emotions.
I need to get all of your spies. I was wondering why everyone was so interested in talking to me :-}.

Well I now need to thank you and everyone who participates at this site. Without you I don’t know if I could have found the power within myself to have accomplished what I have done. Whenever I was down, whenever I didn’t know what to do with a deal, whenever I had successes you were all always here to listen to my stories and to help, advise, or congratulate me.
For your contributions day in and day out, your Plaque that was awarded to you was just as much deserved as my vase. JP and Terry, you also are winners!!!

Steve Cook
SCook85