BOOKS ON THE WAY, BUT I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS - Posted by Shane B

Posted by Ernest/Dallas,Texas on March 25, 2002 at 23:09:03:

Has anyone made a deal on Mobile Homes using Carelton Sheets course? I already have Lonnie’s book on Making Money with Mobile Homes. I’m currently reading it.I’m thinking about ordering his Tapes course.I’m just starting out,will let everyone know how I’m doing.

BOOKS ON THE WAY, BUT I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS - Posted by Shane B

Posted by Shane B on March 09, 2002 at 17:07:10:

Yes, I have ordered DOW but I’m seeing deals while I’m waiting that might be profitable.

First question, do you buy a mh already set up on someone else’s lot if it’s a good deal on the mh?

What’s the secret behind mh deals? I know you buy cheap, but do you re-sell or do you rent it out?

Thanks for the help, ahead of time, Shane

Re: BOOKS ON THE WAY, BUT I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS - Posted by Tony

Posted by Tony on March 09, 2002 at 20:46:57:

Hi Shane
The books will give you all that you need to know.
Also the convention in Atlanta would be a good idea.
I personally don’t rent MH’s. They will only get destroyed and give you headaches. Wait for the books you wont be sorry that you did. While your waiting find out what you could sell the home for by checking the prices of others in the area. Then you would know exactly what you could pay for the home in the same area. Your money is made when you buy not when you sell ! Good Luck

Re: BOOKS ON THE WAY, BUT I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS - Posted by SandraS(NC)

Posted by SandraS(NC) on March 09, 2002 at 17:33:27:

Hi Shane,
Once you are sure of the deal, check with the PM to make sure the mh can stay on the lot. You may have to sign a lot rental agreement until you resale the mh. Find a buyer and have them approved by the pm. In some of the parks we deal we have to pay the lot rent until the note is paid off to assure the pm they will get their money.
As for your second question, the parks we deal in don’t do rentals so you have to find a buyer. If the park is ok with renters and you want the headaches of being a landlord, the choice would be up to you.
Read DOW, the books will answer your questions.
HTH, SandraS(NC)