Books to Read - Posted by Annette

Posted by Judy on January 27, 2000 at 09:36:31:

Annette,

Here’s the scoop from www.bn.com. If you don’t want to buy it on the Internet, you may have to order it from your local Barnes & Nobles or Borders.

Fast Cash with Quick-Turn Real Estate: How Anyone Can Quickly Turn Single Family Houses into Cash Without Using Money or Credit
Ron LeGrand / Paperback / August 1997
Our Price: $11.96, You Save 20%

Happy REI’ing, Judy

Books to Read - Posted by Annette

Posted by Annette on January 27, 2000 at 07:51:34:

I would like to order three books that seem very interesting: 1-Rich Dad, Poor Dad 2-Richest Man in Babylon, 3-The Millionaire Next Door. Are these pretty good books to read for new REI? I already have purchased a book by Ron Legrand and Carlton Sheets.

Since I am just starting out and the funds are limited, I cannot afford a study course now but I plan on purchasing one as soon as I can.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Much Success!

No Down! No New Loan! Bill Gatten, author - Posted by Billm

Posted by Billm on January 29, 2000 at 10:25:21:

Bill Gatten’s Book will ignite the fire! My first “Land Trust” deal turned into over $25,000 in profit. Both the seller, and the buyer were excited about the outcome… and both were fully informed of my “profit” going into the transaction.

Bill’s Trust program simply offers more benefits to buyers, sellers, and investors. For investors, the “risks” using the Land Trust ideas are far less than the other “creative, high leverage” ideas I’ve seen.

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on January 27, 2000 at 20:55:05:

Robert Kiyosaki’s books (Rich dad, Cash Flow Quadrant) won’t teach you much if anything about Real Estate. However, they will teach you a LOT about handling money and running your business and financial affairs. These books are invaluable to anyone who earns a living and plans to live past age 30.

BG

Re: Books to Read - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 27, 2000 at 14:45:24:

Richest Man in Babylon should be the precourse to Rich Dad, Poor Dad, after those two read The Cash flow Quadrant. Millionaire Next Door is just that a study of Millionaires and thier lifestyles, the things they have in common.

The books your picking up will teach you the fundamentals of Investing and business. That is always the best place to start. Once you understand the fundamentals of business then figure out your Niche in RE, or busniness. Also I would highly reccommend starting to learn about the time value of Money, it will help immensely in your business dealings.

Best of All,

David Alexander

Carleton Course - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on January 27, 2000 at 11:07:04:

I happen to be in a generous mood, if you pay the postage I will send you my Carleton Sheets course free of charge. (someone may as well get some use out of it)e-mail me privately with your address.

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on January 27, 2000 at 10:15:31:

Hi Annette-

One thing that might be helpful to you when deciding on what books to read or purchase would be to go over to Amazon.com and read the reader reviews of the books you are curious about. I believe the other sites have reviews, but they do not seem to have the quantity of reviews as Amazon.

Then you can come back here and ask what the folks here thought of the books. For study courses you may want to check out the auction sites such as E-Bay to pick up a used copy or check your classifieds.

There was a posting some time back about a couple who purchased Carleton Sheets course-still in the original box and unwrapped. They bought it at a garage sale for $15! A lot of these guru courses are ordered and never opened. The buyer of the course wants to sell it cheap.

-Good Luck, Chris

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on January 27, 2000 at 09:03:45:

Also,

Ron LeGrand has a book which outlines the Lease Option method. It’s very inexpensive – around $12. You might consider this.

Re: Books to Read - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on January 27, 2000 at 08:40:04:

I’d say these are all worth reading…and that you can probably get them at the library.

But don’t get the impression that they’re going to give you the detail necessary to go do a deal. They won’t. For that, you’re going to need a course.

If you don’t have the money for a course, go get a part-time job…you’ll have it in no time.

JPiper

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Glenn OH

Posted by Glenn OH on January 27, 2000 at 08:08:04:

I would suggest getting these books at the library. 1 & 3 are good. I haven’t read 2.
With the money you save on these books, but a study course for an area that sounds interesting to you - these won’t be found in the library.
In other words, put you money where it will give the biggest payoff.

Re: Carleton Course - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on January 27, 2000 at 11:26:42:

Ben-

That was a nice thing to do for Annette!

While you’re feeling generous, I’m curious if you would like to send off some Kaiser or LeGrand courses (or any others you may want to unload)? :-]

-Thanks,Chris

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 27, 2000 at 10:58:05:

If you want to buy a book, try www.bestbookbuys.com. Very cool site that does a price comparison at 25 or so different online bookstores.

Re: Books to Read - Posted by annette

Posted by annette on January 27, 2000 at 10:28:59:

Thanks for your response. I will act on it.

Much Success!

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Annette

Posted by Annette on January 27, 2000 at 09:11:51:

Hi Judy!

Thanks so much for responding to my e-mail. What is the name of this book you are referring. I have read some of Legrand materials and I think he is very informative and easy to understand, especially for us newbies.

Much Success!

Re: Books to Read - Posted by annette

Posted by annette on January 27, 2000 at 09:06:49:

Thanks for your response. A part time job I have ruled out. Spending time with my family are important to me and having a part time job will eliminate that. I am learning more about REI through this site as well as investors that I have made contact with in my area. I will purchase a course, but I will not be taking the route of getting a part time job.

Again, thanks for your response.

Sould be BUY a study course (nt) - Posted by Glenn OH

Posted by Glenn OH on January 27, 2000 at 22:02:29:

nt

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Annette

Posted by Annette on January 27, 2000 at 08:35:18:

Hi Glenn!

Thanks for your response. I called my local library and yes they do carry books 1,3 and you have saved me $$.

Again, thank you.

Much Success!
Annette

Re: Books to Read - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on January 27, 2000 at 11:22:04:

Rob-

Again you have impressed me. You are better than most search engines. I always watch your posts and add the websites you provide to my favorites list.

Keep 'em coming!

-Thanks,Chris