Boot Camp Hotel Info - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by Neil(MS) on August 12, 2005 at 16:09:36:

Howdy, Lonnie. Great to hear from you. I’ll have to dig and see if I can find a copy again…I still quote that guy all the time. If I can find it I’ll give my best rendition of his closing speech, unless somebody else knows it better.

Looking forward to seeing you, Tony, and the rest.
Neil

Boot Camp Hotel Info - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on August 10, 2005 at 16:52:36:

Matt/Boot Camp Attendees,

I just got off the phone with the Double Tree, they are sold out for the weekend of the Boot Camp, starting on the 16th, the Sales Manager, Yolanda, has assured me that it is not sold out on the Thursday Sept.15th(which is when the Boot Camp folks need to check in). She also said Nobody will be forced to leave if they stay over. So I suggest if you want to stay at the Doubletree you reserve one night on the 15th then stay over the whole weekend. She is the one who suggested this. The hotel just picked up a big group, but she feels they most likely will not fill all the rooms they blocked.

Their is still space available at the Sleep Inn Biltmore.
Thanks ScottS(NC)

Re: Boot Camp Hotel - for big spenders like me - Posted by Neil(MS)

Posted by Neil(MS) on August 12, 2005 at 10:30:35:

It’s not as convenient, but it sure is cheaper: I booked a Best Western for $52/night. It’s about 3 miles from the Doubletree. I would rather be on-site, but for half the price (or less), I’ll drive a few minutes.

You can get the rate from Expedia (as I did) or directly from Best Western’s website.

Here’s a google map link showing the distance of the hotel. Man, Google maps rocks!

Re: Boot Camp Hotel Info - Posted by bhagan(Oki)

Posted by bhagan(Oki) on August 11, 2005 at 07:42:11:

I just found a rate for $126 on this site http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=AVLBMDT
See you all there

Re: Boot Camp Hotel - for big spenders like me - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on August 12, 2005 at 15:59:13:

Hi Neil,
Glad to see you will be joining us in Asheville. Do you still have your notes on that fruitcake comedian that kept us in stitches at the bar at CRE Atlanta a couple years back? If so, bring them with you. We?ll recycle them for more laughs.
See you at the workshop,
Lonnie

Re: Boot Camp Hotel - for big spenders like me - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on August 12, 2005 at 15:22:07:

That’s the beauty of living in a tourist town. Hotels are everywhere. As long as you have a ride, you won’t have any problems.

See you there Neil.

Tony