bought hse-previous co-owner wont leave - Ga - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on September 17, 2002 at 11:41:18:

thanks for the feedback michael.

well the stupid previous owner wasnt supposed to pay him UNTIL he moved out, but she went ahead and did it anyway, hence my dilemma.

i will try more bribery in the meantime. i’ve heard of “tenant at will” – i just thought it was for real tenants, the kind that had signed leases.

anyother ideas out there???

bought hse-previous co-owner wont leave - Ga - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on September 17, 2002 at 09:30:05:

hi all: (**i also posted this in the general forum, but thought there might be more specific ideas here. thanks in advance)

i need some help, looking for anyone who has dealt with this in the past. i’m in atlanta, ga.

here’s the situation:

single family house (fixer upper), owned by two people who are not a couple, let’s call them “jane” and “bob”

in exchange for some cash, bob quit claims his interest to jane, who then sells the house to me. everything’s fine, bank’s happy, title co’s happy and we closed last month.

bob’s only request was 30 days to move, which i granted him. well, 30 days has come and gone and bob is sill in the house. he’s not malicious, rather he’s an unemployed wino sort who isnt exactly rushing to leave.

my question is, is there anyway, besides eviction/dispossary court to get him out FAST? i filed eviction papers yesterday and the whole process could take a month or two if we have to have a hearing, which i obviously want to avoid.

since he isnt and never was a “tenant” (there was never any lease of any kind), can i call the police and have him removed for trespassing? any other ideas?

Re: bought hse-previous co-owner wont leave - Ga - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 17, 2002 at 09:59:39:

i’m not an attorney, but i believe the term is ‘tenant at will’, which means, that he was allowed to reside there and didn’t break in and just take over. so, you may want to check the laws in your state, because they would legislate how much time needs to be given to a tenant etc.
if he’s an unemployed wino, you may want to ofer him some money to move out.

does his favourite liquor store sell gift certificates :wink: ?

michaela

Re: bought hse-previous co-owner wont leave - Ga - Posted by asasd

Posted by asasd on September 01, 2005 at 13:54:48:

asfasdgfs asdfgasd

Re: bought hse-previous co-owner wont leave - Ga - Posted by asasd

Posted by asasd on September 01, 2005 at 13:54:06: