Buffalo/Niagara Falls-area Investors! - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by DT on May 24, 2000 at 05:46:48:

I might be a bit late to join this convo as its a few months old but in any event Jan is corect…Title seasoning is becoming more and more popular past 6 months in the non conforming and conventional lenders… FHA is offering a product on unseasoned flips for buyers with a under 600 Fico with 97% financing and 6% owner concessions toward closing expenses…Gifted down payments allowed…
Jan I am in the Albany and Utica area get in touch with me
DT

Buffalo/Niagara Falls-area Investors! - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on March 19, 2000 at 15:31:25:

I’m thinking about dipping my toes into the US market, and seeing as Buffalo is only about 2&1/2 hours from here, I think that might be a good place to look.

Are there any investors from the Buffalo, NY area that can make some comments on the market there?

Thanks for any help/info you can offer!

Re: Buffalo/Niagara Falls-area Investors! - Posted by Jan

Posted by Jan on March 20, 2000 at 17:50:18:

The Buffalo/Niagara Falls market is good compared to the Canadian realestate market (that is where I assume you are from). BUT, you really have to watch the areas you are purchasing in, they can vary from block to block.
Financing through conventional means is a joke!!! Unless you live in the property or have owned the property for a while – forget it!! If you have tons of cash then you’re in luck. There are “owner holds” available, usually on properties priced at market/above market value or properties that no one wants.
I have found though, you really have to do your homework and spend the time looking!!! I am fortunate, I live only 40 minutes from the border and my husband is a U.S. citizen.

Let me know if I can be of help?

Good luck!