Business cards - Posted by Dave (CA)

Posted by Dave on June 08, 2000 at 14:28:16:

Blane,

Thanks. Your input was very helpful.

Dave

Business cards - Posted by Dave (CA)

Posted by Dave (CA) on June 06, 2000 at 14:34:36:

For those of you who have incorporated, I’m curious as to whether you put that info on your business cards. I see where it could be useful in trying to convince the park manager to let you work in their park, but I think that it would scare off the mom and pop MH buyers and sellers. Any thoughts?

Thx,
Dave

Business cards - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on June 11, 2000 at 23:53:00:

Hi Dave,
Business cards and new entrepreneur can often times be downright funny. Most often folks are excited about being in business and simply want to show off a little. Hey look I’m President of such and such, aren’t I cool etc. Other times they do want to shield themselves etc.
Myself I have a whole bunch of things that I do, businesses, investments you name it. Personally I don’t like to carry around 14 different business cards so I carry one.
It says my name, my phone numbers email etc. and also the phrase “PROBLEM SOLVER”
really that’s because I have found that in ANY business that what people look for.
Oh I also print them up myself on that perforated blank card stock. They look clean and sharp. Not fancy.
And I also have to say this, I have given cards to the gambit from multimillionaires to blue collar guys and gals, and everyone loves it.

The thing with PM’s is you are right. Some are corporate, some are not. Personally I would hate to be in a position where my credibility was riding on a business card. I like to simply stand by what I know and use the phrase:
“You know I don’t know that…BUT I’ll find out!”
Anyhow my .02
Dirk

Re: Business cards - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on June 08, 2000 at 18:21:02:

I think that it’s important to use the “corporate shield” as much as possible for one’s own protection. If you have a card that just says “Dave” on it, a court might decide to ignore your corporate status and look at you as a sole proprietor.

Also, if you’re looking for good quality, professional biz cards (that you can customize) try www.kinkos.com – I was very happy with the price and service.

Good luck,

Lisa

Re: Business cards - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on June 07, 2000 at 21:50:51:

Hi Dave,

I haven’t had any problems with showing my company name on business cards with either PM’s or buyers/sellers. If anything, it made me look more legitimate.

As I’ve noted before, when I started it was as an individual, and that caused some confusion with PM’s, who would then say no to my doing business. Now I approach as an employee of a business, give out my card with corporate name on it, explain what I do, and I’m in the game. Buyers and sellers don’t care, especially if you can help them with their problems.

In fact, because of my company, last week was able to pick up an immaculate 14x65 from an old guy anxious to move to Florida to live with his daughter. Once I explained what “we” do, and what “we” could do for him, he couldn’t sign the papers fast enough. Paid him $500 and took over payments. He left everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. The company gave me legitimacy, IMHO.

Hope this helps,

Blane (MI)