Buying and selling out of your home area - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by Kim K–AZ on February 13, 2000 at 10:22:42:

Try this: Hold open house once a week (Sunday 1-5pm?) or every other week and advertise this also, then you can have your appointments and walk-ins all view the property in one afternoon.If two or more buyers show up at the same time it adds to the urgency to buy.

Buying and selling out of your home area - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on February 12, 2000 at 23:11:22:

Could someone give me ideas how to deal with buying and selling properties not in their home area? I’ve had people call with properties that are 25 to 50 miles away. I have a hard enough time, dealing with the people that want to look at my properties here in town.
Do you wait and show it when you get more than 2-3 to look at the property? What about checking on it once it’s L/O’d, just drive by every once in a while?
This might be a small question to some, but I’ve not dealt with this issue yet.
Probably the main reason that it is an issue, is that I still have a JOB.
Still packing,
Dee-Texas

Re: Buying and selling out of your home area - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 13, 2000 at 20:15:41:

I had a guy out of Houston named Charles Fuller teach me a method of testing someones motivation. You ask them to bring you all the documents(deed, note etc). If they are motivated they will come to you. The deal you negotiate over the phone should be a good one for you and the contract would have a inspection contingency.

One rule is also to buy only with an hour of your home. you could even go down to 1/2 hour. You also need to find out if anyone else is working your area. You can flip to them. I’ll go from Cleburne to Commerce and from Waxahachie to Dennison.

Great ideas! Thank you for posting.(nt) - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on February 13, 2000 at 18:19:36:

Re: Buying and selling out of your home area - Posted by Alan

Posted by Alan on February 13, 2000 at 15:47:55:

Review the book, “How to Sell Your Home in 5 Days”,
by William G. Effros. I haave a copy on loan from
the library. Gives step by step process,
house is scheduled for inspection Sat and Sun, and sold to highest bidder on Sunday night.
You are not on-call to run by and show the house.

Hope this helps.