Buying MH's - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Jacob on March 25, 2000 at 23:06:23:

Hi Aaron,

First, let me strongly encourage you to pursue investing in mh’s. I think you will find it as rewarding as so many others have.

As far as payment goes, I personally always use a cashier’s check. It costs a few bucks from the bank, but it looks official (seems to impress the heck out of most sellers) and I get a carbon copy for my records.

Best wishes to you.
Jacob

Buying MH’s - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on March 25, 2000 at 22:23:07:

I am just looking into getting my feet wet in the mobile home business. But one question I had is the purchase of a mobile home. When you pay all cash for the home, what is the most acceptable, or professional way of doing this? With actual cash, a personal check, or a money order or certified check? Or maybe it doesn’t make a difference. I guess I was just wondering what the common practice is of the experts out there.

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Buying MH’s - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on March 26, 2000 at 06:31:28:

After.I.negotiate.the.best.possible.deal,.I.ask.them
will.they.take.a.check…If.they.hesitate.or.sound
unsure,.then.I.offer.a.cashier’s.check.or.certified
check…I.have.never.paid.in.real.cash.because.I
don’t.like.to.carry.that.much.money.around…And.it.
looks.kind.of.suspicious.doesn’t.it…

forfieture (sp) laws - Posted by OzarkMark

Posted by OzarkMark on March 26, 2000 at 04:17:27:

I would not carry large amounts of cash. If the regular thieves don’t get it, the police might take it as “drug money”, without any trial or recourse. God bless America! (esp. in Florida!)

Re: Buying MH’s - Posted by Jeffrey Short

Posted by Jeffrey Short on March 25, 2000 at 23:07:42:

Aaron,

I am not an expert by any means… but I bet that the experts will say that nothing speaks more than cash!

While $ 2,000 in cash is the same (monetary value) as $ 2,000 on a certified check, by showing the green stuff in front of a seller … you might be able to negotiate the price down further. After all, the seller doesn’t have to wait for the check to clear…