Buying State Land - Posted by BR2

Posted by LIENMAN on June 09, 1999 at 19:06:12:

Let the games begin!

Good job getting into the courthouse and finding the necessary information. That`s half the battle right there.

Now, the other half will be trying to find out exactly what the city wants with residential land. I can tell you right now,they`re not going to build a house.

What they may build is a storage facility, half-way house, office building or even some type of sewage measurement facility. I`ve heard of all those things being built on residential land.

Good luck and keep me up to date.

LIENMAN

Buying State Land - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on June 07, 1999 at 09:36:26:

Interested in buying a lot next to a home I just purchased. Has anyone purchased a vacant lot from the state? I hope it’s pretty simple since the previous owners put a fence around this home and the lot and have been using it as their own.

Any sugggestions? I don’t want to open up a can of worms if I don’t have to.

Thanks.

Re: Buying State Land - Posted by LIENMAN

Posted by LIENMAN on June 07, 1999 at 19:00:54:

Two questions:

(1.) How can you be sure that the previous owner did not purchase the land from the State or last owner?

(2.) How can you be sure that the State owns the land?

Need many more details here.Primarily, what State?

I`ll try to help you out if I can.

LIENMAN

Re: Buying State Land - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on June 08, 1999 at 07:27:27:

Was able to ‘sqeeeeeze’ time in yesterday to go to the courthouse. Found all the info I needed. After contacting the state, I was told that the city is purchasing this vacant lot. I really don’t understand why unless they’re planning to ‘sqeeeeeeze’ another house in there.

Well, I guess it’s time to play CITY politics!

Thanks for responding.