buying tax liens in New Jersey - Posted by Ray (NJ)

Posted by Ray (NJ) on October 02, 2003 at 16:43:27:

Brian thank you for your suggestion and I Will definitely go out and get that book

buying tax liens in New Jersey - Posted by Ray (NJ)

Posted by Ray (NJ) on September 29, 2003 at 15:42:26:

Would like to know what the procedure is in buying a tax lien. What the pitfalls are if any? and if there is a mortgage on the property what happens with that mortgage.Also are there any good website that I could go to or any good books on the subject. Thank you

Re: buying tax liens in New Jersey - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 29, 2003 at 20:11:48:

Ray–(NJ)--------------

The topic has been discussed in the past. I’d suggest you do an archive search over the past few years on this main board of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Try putting in “tax liens NJ” or “tax liens” “new jersey” or “tax sales NJ” or “tax sales” “new jersey.” Also search for “ben(nj)” as Ben is a professional tax lien investor in New Jersey. He says that many of the most populuous counties have few liens that individual investors can buy. Too many of the big institutional investors there.

If you work the tax liens or tax sales, I recommend reading the state statutes related to the collection of delinquent property taxes. Reading and understanding, actually.

Good InvestingRon Starr

Re: buying tax liens in New Jersey - Posted by Ray(NJ)

Posted by Ray(NJ) on October 02, 2003 at 16:26:49:

Ron Sorry I could not get back sooner, Thank you for your advise. I will do what you suggested and once again thank you

Re: buying tax liens in New Jersey - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on September 29, 2003 at 23:16:48:

If you are looking for a book on tax lien certificates there is a book called “The 16% Solution” by Joel S. Moskowitz.