Calculations in lonnie's book - Posted by Stephen (TX)

Posted by John Behle on March 30, 2000 at 23:16:08:

Jon Richards has a book titled “Calculator Power.” Everyone I’ve talked to has enjoyed the book. It’s available at his website. My book is titled “Discounting as Easy as 1,2,3” and is available at www.papergame.com It’s easy, simple and will give you all the tools you need. There is also a link to the noteworthy website there.

Calculations in lonnie’s book - Posted by Stephen (TX)

Posted by Stephen (TX) on March 30, 2000 at 22:05:30:

I bought an HP 10B to do some of the calculations Lonnie outlined in his book, but I can only seem to get the “How much are the payments” to work everything else errors.

Is there a good book on how to do these types of calculations, that’s not too technical?

-Stephen

Discounting article - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 30, 2000 at 23:20:24:

There are constanly questions here about the process of “discounting” paper and using financial calculators. I posted an article on the subject in the free articles section of my website that might help your understanding of the calculator.

Don’t get discouraged at all. The financial calculator seems to hit most people all of a sudden with an “Ah Ha!” - all of a sudden it makes sense. It can be real frustrating before that time.

Re: Calculations in lonnie’s book - Posted by Tom A.

Posted by Tom A. on March 30, 2000 at 23:16:53:

Enter the payment info as a negative number.