Calling all Landlords - Posted by PJ in FLA

Posted by Kathie E. on June 08, 2000 at 22:58:41:

Stacy sent me there yesterday (thankfully!) and my eyes are bleeding, but my mind is soaking up as much information about landlording as it can from this site! It’s amazing…there is NO question you could possibly have that isn’t answered there. And I ordered the year’s subscription offer for 79 bucks that includes a bunch of pamphlets on every issue that I have in question on this subject at the moment…and these will be sent to me right away.

Happy research to ya, PJ!
Kathie E.

Calling all Landlords - Posted by PJ in FLA

Posted by PJ in FLA on June 08, 2000 at 20:09:34:

I was curious to find out from all the landlords out there, what types of clauses or stipulations, placed in their rental contracts, saved them a trip to court, helped them in a courtroom, or just got rid of a problem tenant/renter.

The reason I ask is that I am trying to get a feel for what bad experiences eveyone has gone through in order to try to avaoid them.

I am a newbie. But I feel this might help me and the next person get an idea of what the renter from h*** can do to an inexperienced and new investor.

Thanks for the help

PJ in Fla

Go rent the movie: “Pacific Heights”. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on June 09, 2000 at 10:39:54:

Talk about the renter from h***!

Some of us could have written the sequel!

:slight_smile:

Fair, Fast, and Firm - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on June 09, 2000 at 09:28:06:

These three words are the way we work with the rentals.Here is what I mean.
Fair- Always listen to the tenants requests and needs
Fast- Respond as outlined by the rental agreement.
Firm- Stand your ground, if the payment is late for a good reason ALWAYS send notices on time and follow through NEVER allow sentimentality to make your decision.
In the business you will get the tenant from H… that is how life teaches us, by giving us problems to solve and grow.
Pat

If you want to find out about the trials and tribulations - Posted by Bill K.- FL

Posted by Bill K.- FL on June 08, 2000 at 20:41:23:

of being a landlord. Go to:

You will get a belly full.

Re: Calling all Landlords - Posted by Mike Warzlow

Posted by Mike Warzlow on June 08, 2000 at 20:17:24:

The best I can recomend to you is buy the book “How to Buy & Manage Rental Properties” by Irene and Mike Milin. The Rental Agreement in this book is the model for the Rental Agreement I use.