Can HOA restrict... - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on October 11, 2005 at 18:47:22:

I’ve done that already. Mailed copies with signed letter from my bank to HOA and their Attorney. They give no response, except “you owe”. Maybe I will send again with Certified Receipt and send copy to Attorney General’s Office. Thanks for your response.

Can HOA restrict… - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on October 10, 2005 at 15:44:27:

Can a HOA restrict the homeowner from parking in the homeowner’s parking space in front of his townhouse and have their car towed because the HOA says the HOA fees have not been paid, although the homeowner has copy of cashed checks and a signed statement from his bank stating the HOA has cahsed the checks? Thanks in advance for your response.

Re: Can HOA restrict… - Posted by River City

Posted by River City on October 10, 2005 at 16:16:13:

Do you have a copy of your Covenants and Restrictions? Read what it says the HOA can do if you fail to pay your HOA fees. One question that comes to mind is why haven’t you paid the fees?

Re: Can HOA restrict… - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on October 10, 2005 at 16:29:42:

“although the homeowner has copy of cashed checks and a signed statement from his bank stating the HOA has cashed the checks?”

This statement meant my bank has signed and verfied ALL payments have been paid and the HOA has cashed the checks and taken the money from my account already.

Re: Can HOA restrict… - Posted by River City

Posted by River City on October 11, 2005 at 16:01:51:

Send the HOA a copy of the front and back of the check. They may have mistakenly applied your check to someone elses dues.