Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by HelpNeeded - NY

Posted by Mayor John Street on March 18, 2004 at 07:25:46:

Wow, you just solved the City of Philadelphia’s budget shortfall! If we charge all the city’s homeless a license to be homeless, then we can generate millions of dollars in revenue. And if those homeless don’t pay, we’l just evict them to a house or someplace. Thanks for the idea.

Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by HelpNeeded - NY

Posted by HelpNeeded - NY on March 10, 2004 at 15:57:42:

Signed a contract with a buyer. Closing will be coming up soon. Have not been able to find a suitable house. Is there a way to cancel the contract or extend the closing time until house is found.

Re: Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by Edward illiam Steiglemann

Posted by Edward illiam Steiglemann on June 19, 2007 at 11:49:03:

My wife and i signed realestate contract,my realestate agent spelled out in the contract that contract was contingent on condtitions,1 inspection of said property by lic. inspector and sellers disclosures to our acceptance. we were unhappy with the inspection report,ties on gable end of the house were never strapted down and nailed in place,fire place damper was frozen,electrical panal had circut brakers that were known not to trip off under over load conditions both main panel and panel in garage,plumbing was plumed with pex and 90% of polybutyaline,A/C did not cool propertly unit was 20 years old an i suspect that coil in the air handler was restricted, as inspector had thought because it was sealed he said, minor leaks at both bathrooms,tap-cons were never installed at bottom of new sliding patio door,The seller replaced theromstat and air filter at the return thinking that would cure the A/C problem but did not,we had signed a contract and written a check to title escrow acct. in the sum of $2.000.00 when we wanted out of the contract because inspection report was unaccaptable in our judgement . The seller wanted us to proceed to closing ,and would not sign a cancellation of contract or be willing to return our $2.000.00 .we have sinced signed a another contract to buy another home in another city.so we are waiting for sellers next move mind you they are twisted off because we will not be buying their house, and they cant sell it to another buyer until they resolve this matter of us not wanting to buy their home because house was in such disrepair now they know the real condition of the house dont they. will we split the money who knows we wind up court a question unanswerable at this time so we just wait. inaddition seller states we wavied our right to contingent in contract because listing agent subposeley stated we did not want an inspection and that is an untrue statement on seller part we would never purchace a home without haveing it inspected in the first place so we wait for sellers next move.

Re: Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by kawikaCA

Posted by kawikaCA on March 11, 2004 at 24:35:14:

Have you asked them? Best course may be to be honest and ask them how they’d feel moving into their new house knowing they threw the previous owner on the street. Can’t hurt to ask, the worse that can happen is you have to close which is also probably the best that can happen. Take some of your profits, get a room at residence inn so you can relax your mind and not be pressured to move into the first house you find. Good luck!

Re: Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on March 10, 2004 at 21:13:10:

If you signed a contract with a buyer and do not have the house under contract, you are acting as a real estate agent, which requires a license.

Re: Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by HelpNeeded

Posted by HelpNeeded on March 11, 2004 at 10:00:05:

The house is under contract through a Real estate Agent.

Re: Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on March 10, 2004 at 22:42:45:

I think he was saying he’s not found a new house to move into, so he’ll be homeless if he closes on his old house.

Re: Cancelling Realestate Contract - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on March 11, 2004 at 09:18:12:

Then he’d be acting as a homeless person without a license.

I had to comment…LOL - Posted by Rick in Erie

Posted by Rick in Erie on March 16, 2004 at 06:30:53:

That was good. Luckily there is no homeless person license here in PA!