Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by Bev

Posted by jeff on September 06, 2003 at 06:37:52:

There are some good books on specific subjects that could help. You have the CS course, I think from there you should just fill in the gaps. CS leaves a few details out that you can study from a book. Free at the local library or buy used online. “Landlording” by L Robinson is a real good book a must have. I also learned alot from “How to buy property with no money down: by John T Reed it can be ordered from his web site. Reed has a few more I like (there are people on this board that hate Reed, but I learned alot from his books}. Buy it, fix it, sell it, profit” by Mclean is a good book on rehab. Always keep studing and learning is my advise, you cant know it all. Good Luck

Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by Bev

Posted by Bev on September 04, 2003 at 09:45:27:

Hi, I am new to your board. I just found it today. Seems like a lot of great people here. I ordered Carleton sheets course and it came yesterday. I know nothing about buying or selling. I have never owned a home. I know this is going to work because I am going to make it work. The thing I am worried about, is with me knowing nothing about buying or selling of house’s is Carleton course enough? If not what else do I need? Is there another course I could buy that would serve me better? I would like to buy house’s and fix them up and rent them out. Thanks for any help you may offer.
Bev

Re: Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by Dianne

Posted by Dianne on September 20, 2003 at 09:01:43:

Dear Bev—I’d like to correspond with you if possible about how your doing. I ordered it today too. I hear he got an award from the president so can’t be that bad. I know nothing either so let’s share!!!

Re: Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by roger lee martin

Posted by roger lee martin on September 05, 2003 at 24:20:42:

yes bev you can start with c.s course ,i have several of them but you need to read all you can on r,e, investing ,read the main group here on cre everyday, i do that even the articles that i think i’ll never use you never know what might come up in the future,good luck on your investments and read ,read,read,

Re: Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 04, 2003 at 18:17:35:

Bev,

CS is a good head start. Kick back and study your course. Read it several time if you have to. After you finish your course seek out other authors with different points of view. Just dont jump in to quick without educating yourself fully in this business.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Re: Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on September 04, 2003 at 13:53:00:

Bev,

I can only speak for myself but I started with the Carlton Sheets program about two years ago and owned no property at the time. I now have two properties of which one is rented and I live in the other. I found his materials to be very informative and gave me the confidence to get started. To answer your question, I think the materials do provide most everything needed. Keep in mind that there will be lots of professionals along the way (real estate agent, mortgage broker, home inspector, etc…) to help with the details as well.

Michael

Re: Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by Bev

Posted by Bev on September 20, 2003 at 11:57:43:

Hello Dianne, I would love to hear from you. My email address is otabug@fuse.net Thanks, Bev

Re: Carleton Sheets Course - Posted by wf

Posted by wf on September 05, 2003 at 22:25:59:

well…that’good advice…however…please be warned about “analysis paralysis”. Take it slow, read, inform yourself but, don’t wait 'till you become a “theoretic expert” like many typical college professors (hey…i did get a Bachellors so, I’m not knocking school) before you jump into the wagon so to speak. Go ahead and start DOING the steps. Before you know it…u’ll b closing on your first deal.