Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Sunni

Posted by Sunni on October 02, 2003 at 08:13:45:

Thanks so much!

Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Sunni

Posted by Sunni on September 30, 2003 at 15:38:54:

All~
I just purchased the Carleton Sheets No Down Payment plan. I wanted to get an idea of whether this actually works and how long before I can see results. I know this’ll take sometime and patience (as with anything in life) and I know that it’ll require much effort on my own part. I just need to know if there are other newbies here and if so how are they doing and if this is working?

Thanks for anything you can contribute!

Re: Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on September 30, 2003 at 20:50:51:

Sunni, I have been using the techniques from Carleton Sheets’ program for nearly 9 years and I have bought 2.9 million dollars worth of properties. The program works by those who works it!! The program doesn’t work by itself but those who are motivated to make it work for themselves.

Re: Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Sherry

Posted by Sherry on September 30, 2003 at 16:48:36:

I have not done the Carleton Sheets program but have done the Robert Allen 3 day Seminar.
Right now we are waiting to hear whether or not our offer was accepted on an REO. Can’t wait to put the no money down concept to use!

much success to you!

Re: Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Craig (IL)

Posted by Craig (IL) on September 30, 2003 at 16:37:54:

Congratulations on making a start. The next thing to do after you’ve studied them is get ONE deal! That’s all though. Just one. A beginner will learn more from buying one property than readying all the books and courses combined.

Many people have started with Sheet’s materials. What Sheets says is legal and can be done. But–here come’s some tough news: Sheet’s materials is merely introductory.

Have you ever taken a ?101? course in college, you know those ?Introduction to. . . ? courses? Sheet’s material are introductory. Good introductory, but that’s all–just introductory. (Would you go under the knife with a surgeon who took only an “Introduction To Modern Medicine” course? Of coures not.) You’re getting and introduction to ?creative? real estate investing. You’re gonna read about all kinds of way of leveraging property, which like I said are legal and can work. But by gaining experience acquiring a property, you’ll find out that most of his methods won’t work much of the time. There’s a big diffence between what CAN work and what WILL work. With experience you’ll find out what works for you and what doesn’t.

There’s two reasons to go out and acquire JUST ONE property. First, you gotta do something more than read. Lotta people buy his and other people’s materials and never take that first step. It’s a big mistake?you’ll make not a penny just reading. You will make mistakes on your first deal. But making mistakes is how people learn. This is a hurdle for many. Many people evidently are just too afraid of making a mistake, they never get started. Well, just decide right here and now that you are gonna make mistakes, that you’ll survive them. And you will learn a lot. I’m sure every millionaire real estate investor can tell you about the mistakes he or she made getting started.

Secondly, Sheets’ methods are only for ?high leverage deals.? (You will want to learn what that means, and you don’t want to go too far in this business if you don’t.) Most investors will tell you there is a lot of risk doing it this way. I wouldn’t recommend acquiring highly leveraged property because the chances that you’ll get into real trouble increase with each acquisition.

Again congratulations on what you’ve done so far. Read his materials and go out there and get your self a deal!

Re: Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 30, 2003 at 16:35:57:

This actually works. Success will take a moderate amount of work and a whole bunch of study and education. The time it takes to work is up to you. If you have cash, or good credit, or pledge-able collateral, or all of them, the time to reach your goal using the CS program will be reduced.

There might be more newbies hanging out at the Carleton Sheets forum listed on-site under ?Community.?

Re: Carleton Sheets courses - Posted by Sunni

Posted by Sunni on October 02, 2003 at 08:09:40:

Thanks so much for your help!

Posted by Sunni on October 02, 2003 at 08:10:24:

To you as well.
Thank you!

Posted by Sunni on October 02, 2003 at 08:14:03:

Thanks very much!