Carleton Sheets' Personal Coaching Program - Posted by Tevy

Posted by SC on February 27, 2001 at 24:34:08:

Hi there
I am a student and inrolled in the coaching program. I was told the same pitch about not using my own money so I got a credit card. I am 4 weeks into the coaching. So far I see that the coaching don’t push the stundent it is more so an acountability thing. They are there when you need them through the help line. the help line is where the real value is I think. The material that is sent to the student is real helpful. As you go through tje material you pick up more things. To realy sum up the true benifit of the coaching is the student has to be very very motivated. To be successful at the game of REI a person has to have the drive to continualy change his self, learn, stay humble and pray. I think if you not sure about the coaching get the book “Rich Dad Poor Dad” after reading that if nothing in your heart changes then don’t wast your money with the coaching.
I personaly love the coaching
for a good discussion check the archives for
“Successful vs. Unsuccessful people” by Mike Minchew on 2-26-01 the people who wrote there comments are wise and intelegent. I learned something.

Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program - Posted by Tevy

Posted by Tevy on February 25, 2001 at 02:05:59:

I’m a newcomer to this website. I’ve found the information very useful. I’ve read the posts and the coaching program doesn’t get good recommendations. I’ve had the No Money Down program for a few months. I’ve read the book, I’ve listen to the tapes. But I just can’t seem to take that initial step. My credit is shot, chapter 13 bankruptcy. I have very little money to work with. I was contacted by a CS representative about the personal coaching program. His sales pitch was a good one. But there was something that didn’t sound right. I was told that they did not wanted me to pay for the course with money out of my own pocket. But in the same breath, I was told I needed $1000 to establish an account with a credit union. By doing this I would be able to establish a $5000 line of credit. It would take 2 months to do this. It sounds strange.

Has anyone had an encounter like this? Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know of any REI clubs in Memphis, TN? There are a lot of good HUD foreclosure deals here but because of my bankruptcy I can not get a loan of any kind. Help me please.

You need it and you don’t - Posted by George

Posted by George on February 27, 2001 at 13:11:07:

It depends on you. coaching programs are there to keep you motivated and keep you on track. coaching is good…

Howvere, a lot of the coaching you get in CS, you can get it from here. By reading these posts you can stay on track and learn more new stuff.

If you feel that coaching will help your career, yes, it is a wise choice…

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program - Posted by Jeff Bisnaw

Posted by Jeff Bisnaw on February 26, 2001 at 04:28:13:

I also have been contacted after I bought the course. I declined also. While its nice to have a coach and someone to push you. He advertises the course is all you need.I found the course most enlighting. Afterall as investers we need to watch the bottom line.