Carleton Sheets - Posted by Tom

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on August 16, 2003 at 13:46:46:

I will definately do this. The Sheets mentoring program however, does not promise money back garantees, but they do promise you will purcahse a property with their help. I’ve emailed them repeatedly trying to take this approach and maybe just get it to work, but they do not respond to me. Thanks for the input - I’ll work on that letter.

Carleton Sheets - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on July 05, 2003 at 12:25:09:

After watching this infomercial for years, I am comtemplating purchasing it and wonder if anyone has any feedback, positive or negative about the program??

For many, it started with him - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on July 08, 2003 at 17:33:49:

Sheets is not the be-all end-all of real estate investing, but he’s a good start. I have been investing full time for 4 years and have bought dozens of homes zero down. I use very little of what Sheets reccommends but when I took his course it opened my eyes to the many creative ways to buy real estate. Because of him I set upon a quest to learn more and now my company has a nice portfolio of homes.
Russ

It depends partly on where you live - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on July 08, 2003 at 07:35:37:

Believe me, I know. I bought his course and used his techniques in different areas of the country with widely varying results.

Try to do his Cash Flow Analysis in Ch 10 of his course on properties in one given region of the country and you’ll find several properties that may work - try it on properties in another area and you’ll find nothing.

Read a lot on this website and you’ll likely find a particular technique that you can apply to your area, your goals, and abilities and temperment (for example, flipping, wholesaling, rehabbing, buy and hold, etc.). HIS techniques work in some areas.

That is one reason why some people on his website say his course is great, while others say it is useless. Where you live DOES make a difference.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by clay

Posted by clay on July 07, 2003 at 06:28:46:

I am what would be considered a newbie in respect to the expertise and knowledge base that exist at this forum. nevertheless I bought the course and purchased two single family homes in my small town. Set up the financing like the course suggested with a little deviation and am now four years later, with homes payed in full and income from both still coming in. So it is definatly worth it to me due to the fact I knew nothing going in to this thing. I hope you can buy it and get good results also. If you are inexperienced then it is a better option that if you are experienced. Best of Luck

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 06, 2003 at 10:07:58:

Tom,

I had mentioned this in a previous post but why not try the CS book. You can pick it up on Amazon for about $15.00.

After reading it you can decide if the course is something you want to purchase.

And if you decide that you dont want to purchase the course you are only out 15 bucks.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Rej

Posted by Rej on July 06, 2003 at 05:16:34:

I was also but I ran a search on google. looks like it’s not what it’s cut out to be. I suggest you do your research also, posting here was a good start.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Sandy

Posted by Sandy on July 09, 2003 at 15:42:27:

I bought the course and it was a bit difficult understanding some of the negotiating tactics at first. I also am reading all of the Rich Dad Poor Dad series and highly recommend them, too. Actually, I think the Carlton Sheets couse is definitely worth it. He has some great tactics and forms and really seems to cover all the basics that you would need to get you started investing. I am also reading just about everything I can find on Real estate investing. There is a lot to absorb. Sheets also has a Computer Toolkit that comes with the course. It will help to keep a person organized. This is vital to someone like me who doesn’t have a natural proclivity for that area.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by CS Rep./Sales

Posted by CS Rep./Sales on July 20, 2003 at 16:29:52:

Okay 15 bucks. Well you can get the whole course/program out to you for just 9.95 for the NO DOWN PAYMENT COURSE, 1.00 FOR THE V.I.P. KIT, and the SHIPPING IS FREE if you decide you don’t want it. So you can save 4 BUCKS PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING
if you pay 11.95 for a 30 DAY TRIAL. I USED TO take calls for this all week-end long I know what I am talking about. And when you call to order please don’t get all ANAL, they ARE JUST DOING OUR JOBS. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT they OFFER AND IT’S YOUR CHOISE TO SAY YES OR NO. AND IF YOU GET CONFUSED JUST CALMLY ASK them TO EXPLAIN AND WE’D BE MORE THAN HAPPY. BY THE WAY THE COURSE AFTER THE 30 DAY TRIAL IS 4 PAYS OF 59.99 FOR CASSETTE TAPES AND 4 PAYS OF 69.99 FOR CDS.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Jerry Martin NC

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on July 06, 2003 at 23:01:59:

I got the course and used it. Made a lot of money. If you get the course and work very very hard you will too.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 10, 2003 at 20:07:18:

ANAL? How can you look at yourself in the mirrow in the mornings?

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by J.O.

Posted by J.O. on July 30, 2003 at 19:46:03:

I tried to return the material near the end of the 30 day trial and was talked into keeping it for an “extension” until the end of July. Then when I called to return it they said I had only 15 days and that was up on July 26!!! I was NOT told I had only a 15 day extension, I was told I had until the end of July, which to me means July 31st. Now they say they cannot allow me to return it. I have nothing in writing. I relied on what I was told in the phone conversation. I have no proof. What can I do now???!!! I called on July 30, but I was told all I had to do was call on or before the last day. So now I’m on the hook for something they already knew I didn’t want to keep. I feel cheated and lied to. If he is as rich as he claims, what difference is one single return of the material. It’s a LOT of money to me!

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on July 22, 2003 at 21:29:02:

HEY CS Rep. If you know anything about the mentoring program, can you tell me how they can promise trips and limos and meeting CS and a year’s worth of mentoring, then only give you half an hour for a few weeks… then you find out you have to make $1 mil. in 1 year to meet CS!!! After blowing what to a lot of people is a fortune? Can you explain this?

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Katie

Posted by Katie on July 24, 2003 at 10:23:10:

Jerry,

I bought the course years ago (Seattle area) and didn’t make a dime there. I moved to NH, updated to the then-current material, signed up for the coaching program and didn’t make a dime there, either.

I am willing to accept that maybe I didn’t do all I could have to succeed with the CS techniques, but at the times I tried, the decidedly seller RE markets I lived in were escalating so quickly that opportunities were practically non-existent for the no-money down techniques Sheets hawks. That includes REOs and pre-foreclosures. (Lease options are all but non-existent in seller markets.)

I’m older and wiser now and have come to realize that the true path (for me) to successful RE investing is in keeping good gredit, getting to know conventional loan officers (only those who work on commission)and working your own equity like a dog!

Re: Carleton Sheets To: JO - Posted by Melissa

Posted by Melissa on August 16, 2003 at 12:49:56:

I would write a letter stating all the facts, then get it notarized (free @ your bank). At the end of the letter include that if you do not get the refund you were promised you will file a complaint w/the BBB (you can do this online) as well as bad mouth them on investor sites such as this one. Make sure you find out who the “bigwig” the company is and address it to him/her. I did this after I invested in a company and found out they weren’t as they seemed. I had 3 days to cancel and had called but they talked me into trying it longer and reassurred me I could then return it if I still felt the same way. To make a long story short they tried to screw me over w/their dirty little scheme. I refused to let them. My money was refunded w/i a week (the time frame I gave them). Hope this helps!

~Melissa