Carleton Sheets' Training Program? - Posted by Jonny N.

Posted by Kim on April 24, 2002 at 08:27:37:

I think it will work if you are REALLY motivated and your credit is good. Some of his techniques seem kind of far-fetched, but I did get a lot of useful information out of the course. Just be sure if you order it that you don’t get lured into ordering everything else they’ll try to sell you - get the program and the Investor’s Edge videos (these are excellent)& call before the 30 days are up - they’ll give it to you for half price. I’ve read everything I could find about investing on the internet & ordered a couple of books from John T. Reed @ johntreed.com (he is very conservative & doesn’t have anything good to say about Carleton) so I can get more ideas before I actually start investing. The more info you can get, the better! Good luck!!

Carleton Sheets’ Training Program? - Posted by Jonny N.

Posted by Jonny N. on April 22, 2002 at 24:48:58:

Has anyone else gotten this call from a guy (or girl) saying Carleton has asked him to hand-pick several people around the country for a six or seven month training program where the student (you) are guided beyond the course and guaranteed to make profit off at least one property? Anyone else get approached by this? Anyone do it? And what happened, if you did? Seems very sketchy for the $2,400 they’re asking. Thanks for any info.
Jonny

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Training Program? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on April 22, 2002 at 01:51:38:

Hand pick??? LOL

Now that’s funny! If you purchased the course then you are guaranteed to be one that is hand picked! They solicit this coaching program to EVERYONE that has purchased the course.

Think about it. How could they possibly decide on which customers to hand pick when they know nothing about you??? The ONLY thing they know about you or anyone else that buys the course is that you bought the course! That’s it! To say you are one of several that was hand picked is just a sales pitch to entice you to sign up for the program and shell out $2,400!!!

WOW!!! Carleton Sheets himself, personally, hand picked ME for this program??? Oh man! Where do I sign up!!! Snap out of it!

I made THEM an offer… - Posted by Michael in Phoenix

Posted by Michael in Phoenix on April 24, 2002 at 11:47:49:

…after they called us with their offer of an extended program of mentoring.

I politely explained that if they were sooooo confident of my success, that they shouldn’t have any problem taking the $2400 out of the profits we’ll make together!

Needless to say they weren’t interested.

Michael

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Training Program? - Posted by Jonny N.

Posted by Jonny N. on April 22, 2002 at 08:28:09:

Yeah, I understand all that. I was simply curious if anyone had paid the money…and what happened to them. But it did sort of make me mad that Carleton is somehow associated with these guys trying to sell me this nonsense – if he is.

Re: I made THEM an offer… - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on April 24, 2002 at 12:28:07:

Reminds me of the time I seen an ad in the paper advertising for people to buy real estate using THEIR money to fund the deals. You find the deals, they will fund the money and split the profits! Sounded fair enough except for the catch! They wanted $900 to sign up with them!

The excuse was that the $900 was to show you were serious about following through. But your $900 would be refunded off the top on any profits from your first deal. Some sales pitch!

So I said I didn’t have $900. But that I did already have a certain property lined up that I could buy for 50% of its value! So since I already have a property lined up that would give us a $75k profit minus any holding costs, that they could venture with me on this property and take their $900 from that after we close on the deal! Needless to say that wasn’t how they do things! They still required the $900 to be paid first! So it was more important for them to get your $900 over considering a deal that would have a profit of $75k to be made!

So what does that tell you about the company??? It told me that they NEVER had any intentions of ever funding any deals no matter what kind of profit was involved and that the only thing they were after was your $900!!!

If they were for real then anyone in their right mind would at least want to inquire more about the property if you were talking $75k profit involved! No one in their right mind, if they were for real, would just blow that kind of money off over getting $900 up front!

I can understand their reasoning to an extent to justify charging $900 to avoid messing around with someone that will never perform. But by God, when you have a person on the other end of the phone that is telling you they have a $150k property they can buy right now for $75k then I’m sure as heck am going to at least ask more questions about that property! I sure as heck wouldn’t just blow it off and ignore it by concerning myself with just being able to squeeze $900 out someone! Would YOU??? Would anyone else???

I don’t remember the company other than they were based out of Florida. This was about 10 years ago. But this company sounded like the same thing being offered by Nationwide Real Estate Discounters.

Anyone that turns their head walking away from a potential $75k profit just tells me they will be turning their heads on any deal you were to bring them after paying them their fee they want!

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Training Program? - Posted by ChrisM

Posted by ChrisM on April 23, 2002 at 14:19:00:

I have just started reviewing the No Money Down Program and would like input on people who have purchased the program and using it, are you using it currently? If so, what are your thoughts, is it all is says it is? Please let me know if its worth it. Thanks

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Training Program? - Posted by Kim

Posted by Kim on April 23, 2002 at 15:00:14:

I just got the course and the Investor’s Edge videos. I read it, listened to all the CD’s and watched all the videos. Personally, I wouldn’t use a lot of the techniques he mentioned, but I did get a lot of useful info out of the course. It’s a good place to start, but I’m reading everything I can on the subject before I start investing. If you call to return it before your 30 days are up they will offer it to you for half-price! My total price was $169.94 for everything, shipping included.

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Training Program? - Posted by Lara

Posted by Lara on April 23, 2002 at 18:44:53:

I’m thinking about getting this course, any suggestions? Does it work??? Thanks!