Carlton Sheets - Posted by Bob McClure

Posted by qstaff on August 12, 2003 at 23:16:26:

I agree with Steve from nc. Sheets really gives a wonderful overview; but there’s still a lot more out there than just Sheets.

Carlton Sheets - Posted by Bob McClure

Posted by Bob McClure on August 12, 2003 at 10:39:34:

I would like to hear from people involved with Carlton’s program and their thought’s about it. REI is something I am looking to do since the NYSE has gone to crap and I lost money there. Mr. Sheet’s program looks good to me, but would like insight from those doing it or others that had done it.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 13, 2003 at 17:14:08:

CS has a good overview and is usable by traditional buyers to make 100% financed deals. When I read his course, it was out of date tax-wise by about two years. If, as an investor, you lack cash or credit or collateral, you will have to spend more time studying CRE to be able to make a good deal.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on August 13, 2003 at 24:15:52:

c.s. has a great bit of info, i own a few of his programs, you get a lot of info ///////but stay away from the mentor program it is control by someone other than c.s and its not worth the money they ask for, haven’t heard anything good about this mentor program

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Steve-nc

Posted by Steve-nc on August 12, 2003 at 11:53:33:

Hey Bob-

I think the Sheet’s program is a great way to get started in real estate investing and to begin understanding that one can purchase real estate creatively. His course offers a broad general range of techniques on how to purchase and manage investment properties. It gets the thinker going of the benefits of real estate investing.

There is alot to learn in real estate investing and different avenues you can take that best fit your goals. So yes, the Carlton Sheets program is a good starter course, but keep reading and studying other material and web sites like this one as well.

And yes the NYSE has gone belly-up and if you look at real estate the past three years or so, it has held its own. Here in my area values have not dropped but held steady if not increased slighty through these difficult times.

Steve-nc

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by mattc670

Posted by mattc670 on August 12, 2003 at 11:05:19:

Bob, trying putting in
Sheets
and doing an archive search, you should find a lot
of stuff there.

Also - there is another board here just for Mr. Sheets. Scroll up, and click on the CS link - listed
with subjects like Mobile Homes, Main, Carleton Sheets, Finance, etc.

Lots of stuff about CS there.

Matt