Carlton Sheets - Posted by Carol

Posted by Tom on January 09, 2001 at 15:36:23:

I thought I had replied to you earlier, but I don’t see the reply posted. There is a very good book which has far more information than Sheets course. The book is called “Every Landlords Legal Guide”. Written by: Marcia Stewart, Attorneys Ralph Warner & Janet Portman. This book cover’s every aspect of landlording. You can get more information about it at nolo.com. Good Luck.

Carlton Sheets - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on January 07, 2001 at 12:35:44:

I bought Carlton’s course about 8 years ago, and he really does have sound advice. With the course’s help, I purchased a brownstone which I am now renting out.

I recently moved from this brownstone, and in the process misplaced Carlton’s course materials. Right now I need the section about how to get a tenant to move out without going to landlord/tenant court. I have a tenant who is not paying properly (a constant risk when renting property). There were sample letters and a time format in the course, as far as what steps to take and when. I’ve been looking everywhere, but can’t find it. Any suggestions?

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Kerry

Posted by Kerry on January 11, 2001 at 02:56:28:

Pay them to move out before the end of the month,that way you can get a new renter in by the 1st.It’s better to be out $100-$200 than be out of $400-$600 income for the next month…Right? It worked real well for me twice.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Martin

Posted by Martin on January 09, 2001 at 04:39:58:

Yes basicly he recomends that you use there security depost to move, that way your losing no money, here in oregon, I’m not so sure that would work as we have some very strong laws about what you can do with a security depost.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on January 08, 2001 at 20:32:37:

Seems to me I read in the Sheet’s course the easiest way to get a problem tenant to leave is to offer them $200-$300 if they are out within 24 hours.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Jason Straw

Posted by Jason Straw on January 10, 2001 at 12:45:33:

Actually, I am looking at purchasing the Carlton Sheets program. I would like any helpful info I can get. But this is mainly directed at Martin, or anyone else living in Oregon. I would like the chance to chat with you and get a feel for what this business is like in Oregon. Is it worth my time and effort, and investment? Thanks