Carlton Sheets - Posted by Hai

Posted by jack on November 02, 1999 at 17:25:10:

i saw his info-mercial the other night. have you subscribed to his “system” ?

Carlton Sheets - Posted by Hai

Posted by Hai on June 16, 1999 at 01:26:23:

Hi, I just bought Carlton Sheets program and am afraid if i purchase another property, i might end up paying for it’s mortgage (in addition to my own personal home mortgage) and i can’t afford it or lose my lifetime savings in the process. Does anyone have good practical advice?

Does the CS program really work in high priced seller’s market like the Bay Area, California? The single family house price range CS uses in his program are 60 - 100K which is extremely low!

Thanks in advance…

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on June 16, 1999 at 07:57:26:

Sheets is a good beginner course. One things that he does that a book cannot do is he makes sample “live” phone calls to sellers on video. A great eye opener and learning tool.

The fear you have is perfectly normal. If you didn’t have some fear when starting out, that would be very strange. I have been doing deals for a few years now and I still occasionally get nervous when things don’t go as planned.

Do your homework before you jump in. Go see a bunch of FSBO houses and open houses and ask lots of questions. Call a bunch of sellers out of the newspaper just for the heck of it. Just do it all as a “dry run”, kind of a practice. It should help relieve some of that fear and nervous energy, and help you get a good feel for what your market is all about.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by chris rivera

Posted by chris rivera on December 01, 1999 at 20:38:04:

i am a college student in tucson, az. i have seent the commercials and read some of the personal testimonies. what i wanted to know is if the program is worth the money or is this information all available at the local library? i would like to purchase my own house and eventually start buying realestate. is this the best way to start???

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Hai

Posted by Hai on June 16, 1999 at 10:13:19:

Thank you for your response. How many deals have you done and do you have positive cash flow from your deals?

Posted by Rob FL on June 16, 1999 at 17:53:50:

I have done several and yes I have a nice little positive cash flow. I will email some specifics.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Chris Rivera

Posted by Chris Rivera on December 01, 1999 at 20:33:09:

i am a student and have a full time job. what i want to know is if this program can work for me and if it is worth the money to buy the program???

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Rochelle

Posted by Rochelle on June 18, 1999 at 13:46:08:

this is my first time on this site and have read some of your postings. It sounds like you have a lot of experience in this field. I was wondering if you have bought any property that you had to work with a real estate agent? Have they been difficult with you trying to do creating financing or no money down? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Tony

Posted by Tony on December 01, 1999 at 22:06:23:

Hey Chris:

I believe the course is actually worth the money. Sit down and assess your situation. What shape your credit is in, pull your credit and check it.

It was one of the first courses I read. It full of good information. Starting out buy and resell first to build up some cash and then look buy rentals.

To answer your previous question, you can buy some books from the book store. But this site, has some great authors. Kevin Myers rehab book is good. I’ve heard Joe Kiser’s books are pretty good, and continue to scan this site.

But I think the CS course would give you a good information foundation to break you into this business.

Just read alot.

Tony

Posted by Rob FL on June 18, 1999 at 17:35:34:

I have some experience but not nearly as much as many of the others on NewsGroup 1.

Well, I have dealt many times with real estate agents because I am an agent myself. Most RE agents will give you flack about creative no-money down deals. Two reasons why: (1) They think you are another of the 10 zillion people out there who want no money down and no bank financing. Kind of infomercial students. (2) The only creative real estate they know is when the seller will hold paper with 20% down. They don’t understand the other 99% of how it works.

Very few deals I do are with agents unless I am selling the property myself or the property is a bank owned REO.