Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by J.Gray

Posted by carolyn on January 24, 2001 at 09:32:18:

Many years ago, when I bought my first house in Texas, I had a lawyer draw up a waiver to forfiet the protection that state law gives to minors entering into contracts. Once you’ve done that both parties can enforce them.

Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by J.Gray

Posted by J.Gray on January 23, 2001 at 01:48:43:

I have just purchased Carlton Sheets “No Money Down” program. I am so excited to be getting into real estate investing, though at the same time I am some what skeptical. I want this program to work, I need this to work. I know that I have the will power, the inner drive for success, and the no quitting atittude. Yet my credit isn’t spotless, I’m only 20 years old, and no one believes I can do it. Nonetheless, I will try my hardest to make it work. If anyone out there has any advice on good programs or books that will help, it would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
J.Gray

Re: Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by fgh

Posted by fgh on March 21, 2001 at 02:37:32:

I am interested in the no money down program. I have a bankruptcy on my credit and am currently in a lease/purchase situation. Would either of these prevent me from working this program?

Re: Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by Eric B. in Ohio

Posted by Eric B. in Ohio on January 27, 2001 at 01:04:45:

Re:J.Gray,
I also have Carlton’s course & want this to work for me. I to feel somewhat skeptical & overwhelmed with questions. I’m 29 & still live with my parents, my credit is great but my credit/debt ratio is too high to get mortgage loan.Will this course still work for me? Anyone please give feedback!

Re: Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by Ric

Posted by Ric on January 23, 2001 at 21:29:39:

Well, JGray, there ARE opportunities out there. Don’t get discouraged. If you are only 20, I don’t think your credit could be THAT bad (trust me). The only obstacle that I can see for you (and that is a temporary one at worst) is that you aren’t yet 21. Do you have to be 21 to buy real estate in your state? If so, you’ll have to come up with a “creative” way around it–like getting a partner. See… even THAT obstacle fell out of the way pretty easy, didn’t it!

Re: Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by Rick(CA)

Posted by Rick(CA) on January 23, 2001 at 11:49:58:

J.

It does work and it can work, IF YOU WORK. That’s the key. It takes a lot of rejection to get to one YES, but that yes is a really good payday. Too many new investors want it quick and easy and easily get discouraged.

As far as reading material, go to the bookstore and read anything by Robert Kiyoski (rich dad, poor dad author). Also read Lumley’s 5 Magic Paths to Real Estate (partial title). Search the archives here for other book recommendations. But, don’t get so wrapped up in reading that you forget to TAKE ACTION.

The deals are out there. You just have to find them.

Happy hunting.

Re: Carlton Sheets!? - Posted by J.Gray

Posted by J.Gray on January 24, 2001 at 01:18:25:

For starters, I’d like to thank you for your motivation. I was also wondering if you happened to know the age limit for purchasing property in Texas? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Again,
J.Gray

Age Restrictions - Posted by J.Gray

Posted by J.Gray on January 24, 2001 at 01:10:43:

First of all, I’d like to thank you for the encouragement. Also, I was just wondering if you might know the age restriction on purchasing property in Texas? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Again,
J.Gray