Change of PLANS and I need some advice!!!!!!1 - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Craig on April 02, 2000 at 19:37:14:

Living with parents sucks. Definately live in the MH and find more deals just like that one.

Change of PLANS and I need some advice!!!1 - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on April 02, 2000 at 16:46:19:

Hello all,

Here’s the situation. I bought a mh for $4,250 and I was planning on selling it for 15k. BUT, today my room mate asked me to move out. We haven’t been getting along lately, we were gonna try to work things out BUT, it just ain’t working and she asked me to leave.

So, now here’s my dilemma. I could move into that mh and live in it and make it my office. It would be extremely convenient because it’s in the area that I invest in and well it’d be cheaper than an apartment obviously. I only have a p/t job and I can’t afford an apartment. OR i could move back home with my parents and still sell the mh for 15k. The problem with that is that my parents live about an hour or so from my job and from the area that I invest in and also I have a cat and I don’t want it staying at my parents house with their “killer” cat.

And I’m a little taken aback about EVERYTHING. I mean I have to change business cards, bank stuff for biz, and everything as far as my corporation. Oh and I was thinking that if I moved into the mh that I would get a business line put in instead of a personal line, so that way my biz would be in the phone book and hopefully it would seem more legit.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I’m gonna try to keep on trucking though even though some major changes are going to be going on in my life.

thanks gang,

CAREY

Re: Change of PLANS and I need some advice!!!1 - Posted by Lib Cassin

Posted by Lib Cassin on April 03, 2000 at 05:18:13:

It is a great opportunity for you to get established, and offers you the chance to build a whole profile of yourself as a serious business.
My two cents say, live in the MH, fix it up to suit your needs, structure for the tax advantages mentioned above in that great post, and allow yourself and your cat the time to adjust and get settled.
Sometimes we have to let go something in life to make room for much better, sounds like one of those times
Hang in there and keep trucking

Home / Office? - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 02, 2000 at 18:04:07:

Now I am not a tax advisor but please hear me out. You might want to check with your tax advisor first to see if this would work.

Could you not let the business buy the mobile home and set it up just as you mentioned. You would then be a tennant to your own company as your new company would require you to live on site? The company would get expenses to write off as well.

I have read about similar tactics but do not know how applicable it can be in reality. I think you could blend the best of both worlds if this is possible. I hope others will comment on the tax end of this.

Tony-VA