choosing 'bandit sign' location... - Posted by vladimir_chicago

Posted by WayneMD on December 14, 2000 at 11:35:02:

I will give your system a try and report back with tales of success or failure.

choosing ‘bandit sign’ location… - Posted by vladimir_chicago

Posted by vladimir_chicago on December 13, 2000 at 09:50:20:

My questions for all of investors successfully using bandit signs for marketing are these-
What are your IDEAL locations for bandit signs? And what are locations you would NEVER place your signs in?
How do you choose these locations, especially if the neighborhhod is new to you? (by ‘new’ I mean 'you know the market, but not all the roads leading in and out of the neighborhood)
I thank you all for your time and responses…
Vladimir_Chicago
ps. I think my problem is that I place my sings in roads with speed limits of 25-35mi/hr, and since my signs are 8.5 by 11 in, when the light is green, I am lucky if drivers notice the color of my sign…

Re: choosing ‘bandit sign’ location… - Posted by Robert (ID)

Posted by Robert (ID) on December 13, 2000 at 12:47:03:

I use the 18"X 24" couragated plastic signs (coraplast)I put them up at intersections where there are other signs. Also I put a couple by the oof ramps of the freeway. I put up a total of 12 signs and the response was incredible. I get 3 to 7 faxes a day (I use a answering service) I ran a radio ad for two weeks and did not receive the response as I have from the bandit signs. I have had them up a little over a week and have L/O 2 houses and have several more that the owners just want out of there house. Its insane, I talked to a guy this morning who has a $250,000 home, owes $180,000 and wants to give it to me. He’s moving out into a smaller home, can’t afford the big one anymore. I don’t know if I can handle the $1800 monthly payments, will try to get him to make 1 or 2 payments. Sorry about rambling on. I would use the larger signs if I was you.

Robert

Do you mean voicemail… - Posted by howard-nyc

Posted by howard-nyc on December 15, 2000 at 20:56:03:

Do you mean that you use voicemail to tell people what fax number to dial?

Can you share with us the advantages of this?

Can you share what it says on your recording(if using one)?

tia,
howard

Re: choosing ‘bandit sign’ location… - Posted by WayneMD

Posted by WayneMD on December 14, 2000 at 07:05:00:

That is a sensational response to your signs. Share with us what the sign says, size of type, colors, etc.

Thanks

Re: Do you mean voicemail… - Posted by Robert (ID)

Posted by Robert (ID) on December 16, 2000 at 11:13:10:

No, I mean that I use an answering service. They have a script that I gave them. Seller calls in & they fill out the sheet. Keeps me from having to talk to un-motivated sellers. If you want the script, just e-mail me and I will send it to you.

Hopes this helps,

Robert

Re: choosing ‘bandit sign’ location… - Posted by Robert (ID)

Posted by Robert (ID) on December 14, 2000 at 11:03:46:

The signs are made of corplast, (Coragated Plastic)
18"X 24" they say WE BUY, HOUSES, PHONE#
I used red for WE BUY HOUSES and black for the PHONE#. I put them at busy intersections coming into town and on the off ramps of the freeway. I put them up if there are other signs, (weight loss, internet jobs, etc.) my stand out better.
I found the on the internet at this site. (see below) They have a place to ask questions, so I asked where I could find Coraplast signs cut to 18" X 24". left name & phone # got a call from a local person who could order them for $.96 each plus shipping. Total was $119.00 including tax. I made a template out of 1/8" hardboard and then spray paint them.
But wait, I seen a post earlier that said they could get them silk screened for $2.90. you might want to check them out also. You’ll have to check the archives.
I spent $840.00 for 2 weeks on the radio, 12 spots a day. Yes, they were BTA spots, but 1/10th the cost for placed ads. You do the math $840.00 L/O 1 house got an average of 2 faxes a day, newspapers, $285.00 a month for 1 paper, $85.00 for another $80.00 for the TN
$367.00 for Property by owner. which resulted in 0 houses. Ads in these are still running, and have been since Sept. Now look at 12 signs @$3.00 each, (I paid $3.00 each before I found them on the internet)2 cans of spray paint $8.00 Wire fencing $5.00 for a 8’X 4’
Total $49.00 L/O 2 houses in the first week. This is the 2nd week, received 4 faxes this morning. I think it was worth making them, but I think I want to order them already painted next time.

Hope this helps,

Robert