Classified ad to attract seller - Posted by Al Beers

Posted by Victor Vega¶ on July 09, 2002 at 12:24:08:

Please send me the phone script also TIA

Classified ad to attract seller - Posted by Al Beers

Posted by Al Beers on July 09, 2002 at 05:29:54:

For the past month I’ve been running an ad in two papers that says “We Buy Houses” 000-0000.(only I put a real phone number in place of the zeros.)

To date I got one call from someone selling a multifamily in a depressed inner city location that I didn’t want to mess with as a first deal.

Can anyone suggest wording that would be better and a section of the paper that may be better to locate the ad in?

Thanks

Al

Re: Classified ad to attract seller - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on July 09, 2002 at 12:06:51:

Al, You need to be creative in your ads something unique that no one else has such as “Let me solve your Real Estate problems! Call for more details.
333-123-4567”. By asking questions to the sellers find out what their needs are not their wants. Email me for a simple Phone script with questions to measure the motivation of the sellers!

What happens when you don’t advertise - Nothing - Posted by $Cash$

Posted by $Cash$ on July 09, 2002 at 07:22:06:

Al,

Advertising works off of the amount of impressions (times people see your ad) very simply put.

Everyone “Buys Houses” so think about what would catch a persons eye in in the headline of your ad versus the competition.

$CASH TODAY$ (bold print)
I Buy Houses
Call 555-1212 now.

Just an idea, I believe it will help.

$Cash$

Re: Classified ad to attract seller - Posted by Matt (MPD)

Posted by Matt (MPD) on July 09, 2002 at 06:07:00:

Al,
When I first began placing my ads I noticed that there was no great influx of calls immediately either. I wanted to find a catchy little way of attracting these motivated sellers attention right now! Unfortunately, having zero marketing skills and even less true advertising experience I was left with what everyone else used or more plainly, “We Buy Houses Cash xxx-xxx-xxxx”

I’ve had the ads running in the paper now for about 3 months and can count on receiving anywhere from 10-15 calls per week from unique would-be sellers.

The best thing I can tell you is that longevity has seemed to pay off. While others have changed or removed their ads, ours have remained steady and consistent. I do know that other investors are getting calls as well from these same people and as long as we keep our name in front of them they DO call all of us.

Simply put, it works. The reason you see this exact same ad everywhere you turn is because it does eventually generate the phone calls. It’s unmistakable as to what you’re offering, and it’s simple enough that people know why they would call you.

Not everyone is going to call the first time they see it. Not everyone is going to see it the first month you place it. Not everyone gets the paper and perhaps some friend of a seller will take your 2 month old ad to them and say call these guys.

Keep your advertising going. We all use it because it works.

Matt Yohnk
MPD Investments Inc.
myohnk@mpd-investments.com