CLOSING COST---CLAUSES NEED HELP ASAP!!! - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by I.R. on July 07, 2002 at 08:58:57:

LPO officer at the title/escrow company that will be handling the closing would be a good person to talk to about your question, and he/she would probably be wiling to show you the forms that they use.

The LPO (limited practice officer) cannot, will not give you legal advice, but since they use attorney drafter forms and generally have a big selection to use, depending on the agreement between the buyer and seller, they’re willing to show you what they have.

CLOSING COST—CLAUSES NEED HELP ASAP!!! - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on July 07, 2002 at 08:47:19:

I am doing a deal today that I negotiated the Seller to where he will pay the closing costs (5,000.00) of course the closing won’t be but less than 1/2 that and I want the difference given back to me. The loan I am getting is covering all my costs. What clause should I use so that any excess over the real cost goes back to me?

Anybody have anything better than:
“Seller to pay $xxxx toward the Buyers closing and any excess will be refunded to Buyer at closing.”

Thanks in advance.

Re: Seller to contribute… - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on July 07, 2002 at 09:03:21:

Seller to contribute $5,000 towards buyer’s closing costs, including any prepaids, and all excess funds left after these costs have been paid; will be given to buyer.