College kid looking to get a head start. - Posted by Matt Kelly

Posted by BJ_AL on August 25, 2003 at 02:19:17:

Hi Matt, You may also check out Ebay for RE Course, Books, Tapes and such: www.ebay.com
In search box put several different titles, real estate books, real estate tapes, etc. to search for best materials and some at ridiculous low prices.
Just do your studying! Good Luck…BJ

College kid looking to get a head start. - Posted by Matt Kelly

Posted by Matt Kelly on August 24, 2003 at 01:05:07:

Ok here is my scenario. I am 19 and a sophomore in college. I go to school 16 hours a week at CU Boulder and work 6 nights a week. I am pretty tired of this busy schedule and thought it would be nice to just be able to do a couple of RE investments a year and make it through. I just found this site a couple of weeks ago and it is so motivating to me. I have read quite a bit on people trying to start off young, and have come to the conclusion that I should definitely start as soon as possible. I understand that I need to read just about everything on this website before I start my journey in real estate, but I was just wondering if anyone could give me a step by step guide as to what to do after I read the stuff on this website. It is clear to me that a lot of REI is creativity, but it would help a lot if I could just have some steps or guidelines to follow. I have $1500 to invest if needed, but it would be great if I didn’t have to spend that money. Any advice would be great. Thanks a lot.

Re: College kid looking to get a head start. - Posted by Rick(MD)

Posted by Rick(MD) on August 24, 2003 at 07:29:40:

Matt,

Do not spend a dime of your money until after you know what it is you want to do. Get all the information you can right here, then hit the library. Learning about this stuff will be your new hobby. Join a RE club if necessary and borrow courses from them. After immersing yourself in it for a while, you will figure out what you want to do. Where do you begin? It could be as simple as buying a three or four bedroom and renting to room mates.

Good luck